Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/28/2009 7:40:35 AM EDT
What mag style do the military use? DMPS ect?

Always wondered that.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 7:57:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Depends on which gun/rifle/system you are talking about.

The SR25s (Mk11, or M110s whatever model) use the Original AR-10 magazines (not to be confused with current AR-10 magazines- those are mofified M-14 magazines).  Now referred to as SR-25/Knights.  DPMS uses the same pattern, but they are later to the game (as are C-products, magpul, etc etc)

The M14s, of course, use M14 magazines.

And I hear the grunts still use Hustler magazines.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 8:01:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Lot of different mags. I can't believe they haven't gone to one mag style. I'm sure there is a good reason why, and someone here will tell me shortly.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 10:32:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Lot of different mags. I can't believe they haven't gone to one mag style. I'm sure there is a good reason why, and someone here will tell me shortly.

read the faq  at the top
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top