Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/27/2009 6:23:17 PM EDT
I know there are a few on Gunbroker but most are mucho $$$.

I called rguns to ask if they knew when they might have any.  The lady that answered the phone was pretty short and rude with me.
She said we don't have any, I said do you know a general time frame on when you might, she said no.
It was more her tone than anything else.  They must not want my business of any sort.

Anyway, if anyone knows of a reputable seller that has a track record of filling backorders on these please let me know.
I know there are probably a lot of sellers out there that take backorders only to jack up prices once the rifles come in etc.
I don't want to deal with someone that plays those kinds of games.

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 7:00:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Good luck.

I'm not suprised in the least on rguns. They don't seem to want anyones money. Pretty much if you want one in any sort of time frame more then "10-18 months" you are going to be paying to buy one that is in stock off gunbroker. Or maybe ask the local shops, maybe one placed an order for one that you can put money on.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 8:08:22 PM EDT
[#2]
I know they're attitudes can be shit, (although they never were that way with me) but my FFL recieved BOTH my DPMS .308 AP4 Quad Rails within a week of ordering them. I ordered at the end of january one on a saturday and one on a wednesday, picked them both up the following monday.

Maybe I just got lucky im not sure, but to me I could deal with a little bad attitude if it saves me months of waiting and/or several hundred dollars.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 8:35:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Can't help you on finding a SASS, but as for backordering...my FFL got just one in for me that he ordered in April 2008.  I'd say for a backorder you're 24 months for a SASS,  DPMS has already sold more guns this year than they sold in all of 2008...that's a lot of backorders.  Unfortunately GB might be the best opportunity to own one and you might get lucky and get one for under $3K.  I paid $1995 for mine and just happened to be around when they came in.  He had no idea when he'd see them and he got 4..
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 8:46:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Can't help you on finding a SASS, but as for backordering...my FFL got just one in for me that he ordered in April 2008.  I'd say for a backorder you're 24 months for a SASS,  DPMS has already sold more guns this year than they sold in all of 2008...that's a lot of backorders.  Unfortunately GB might be the best opportunity to own one and you might get lucky and get one for under $3K.  I paid $1995 for mine and just happened to be around when they came in.  He had no idea when he'd see them and he got 4..

Link Posted: 3/28/2009 5:01:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I know there are a few on Gunbroker but most are mucho $$$.

I called rguns to ask if they knew when they might have any.  The lady that answered the phone was pretty short and rude with me.
She said we don't have any, I said do you know a general time frame on when you might, she said no.
It was more her tone than anything else.  They must not want my business of any sort.

Anyway, if anyone knows of a reputable seller that has a track record of filling backorders on these please let me know.
I know there are probably a lot of sellers out there that take backorders only to jack up prices once the rifles come in etc.
I don't want to deal with someone that plays those kinds of games.

Thanks in advance.

There's a DPMS SASS in the EE that was just listed. Complete set up...with optics...BUT the guy wants to do a face to face in NC for $2600. THIS IS A VERY GOOD BUY! I would own it if it is a true DPMS SASS and it appears that way from the description. Better jump on it if you can make it work out.  This is a $3800 gun on GB if it is what he says it is.
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top