Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/23/2009 3:21:18 AM EDT
I saw a picture of the 7.62 sportical in the EE. I am looking to find out how they have their sysyem set up in regards to using a delta ring.

Do they use a shorter handguard?
Do they use a longer gas tube like the AR10?
Is the handguard portion that goes over the barrel nut larger making the handguard proprietary?
Is the barrel nut different?

Any detailed info is appreciated. Comparison pics would be great.

Thanks.

ETA-

Viper5243"s pic from the EE.

Link Posted: 1/23/2009 4:32:55 AM EDT
[#1]
They look like carbine length parts.  The standard carbine gas tube would be the only piece compatible with AR-15.  As the chamber area diameter on 308 is Bigger, the barrel nut has to be bigger as well, which would cause that end of the handguard to be 308 specific.  Lengths will be the same as a basic carbine system, but diameters will be bigger for 308.

Actually, with how much you can see the gas tube, it may take standard handguards.  Mfr info just says "glacier guards".  A call to DPMS would clear that up.

Link Posted: 1/23/2009 3:51:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I saw a picture of the 7.62 sportical in the EE. I am looking to find out how they have their sysyem set up in regards to using a delta ring.

Do they use a shorter handguard?
Do they use a longer gas tube like the AR10?
Is the handguard portion that goes over the barrel nut larger making the handguard proprietary?
Is the barrel nut different?

Any detailed info is appreciated. Comparison pics would be great.

Thanks.

ETA-

Viper5243"s pic from the EE.

http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff260/viper5243/CIMG7288.jpg
   Sporticals use M4 sized handgaurd and carbine gas tubes.

The Glacier gaurds are DPMS version of real double heat shield M4 Handgaurds

barrel nut is different /larger.

Link Posted: 1/26/2009 1:59:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Anybody have one that can post some pics?
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top