Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/20/2008 6:42:13 AM EDT
From those of you that have handled and shot one or both of these rifles what are your impressions?  I am trying to decide on getting a SASS from a friend or waiting and getting the Titan from FA.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 6:52:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Fulton, DPMS, Armalite, all very good.  make your choice by what you can actually lay your hands on.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 11:46:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Fulton, DPMS, Armalite, all very good.  make your choice by what you can actually lay your hands on.

+1

A crow in the hand is better than two pheasants in the bush.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 11:53:48 AM EDT
[#3]
i am interested in the 16' carbine myself. Can't find muchfeedback on it. kerry
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 12:52:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
From those of you that have handled and shot one or both of these rifles what are your impressions?  I am trying to decide on getting a SASS from a friend or waiting and getting the Titan from FA.

gatormba,

I cannot comment on Armalite as I've never handled/fired one - however, I personally ordered a Fulton Armory Titan for the following reasons:

1) I already owned one of Clints M14 Service Grade & M1 Carbine Service Grade rifles - the fit, finish, and complete attention to detail is second to none!

2) Parts compatability with other .308 AR Rifle platforms - DPMS, Knights and JP. Armalite is a proprietary design, therefore, you only have 1 option for mags, barrels, etc...in the event you ever want to modify or, in the unfortunate event of breaking something.

3) I just simply like the way the Titan looks - yeah I know...a firearm is a tool, however, I want my "tools" to be visually appealing (to me).

4) Availabiliy to customize the build to your spec's - I ordered mine with a 22" NM Stainless heavy barrel with a 1/10 twist, Magpul PRS stock, 2 - 12" rails, 2 - 7" rails, quick detach Harris bipod, Geissele Match Trigger, SPR hand grip and a Vortex Flash Hider.

Mine is similar to this...

my $0.02

Sakic #19  

Link Posted: 11/21/2008 5:31:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

gatormba,

I cannot comment on Armalite as I've never handled/fired one - however, I personally ordered a Fulton Armory Titan for the following reasons:

1) I already owned one of Clints M14 Service Grade & M1 Carbine Service Grade rifles - the fit, finish, and complete attention to detail is second to none!

2) Parts compatability with other .308 AR Rifle platforms - DPMS, Knights and JP. Armalite is a proprietary design, therefore, you only have 1 option for mags, barrels, etc...in the event you ever want to modify or, in the unfortunate event of breaking something.

3) I just simply like the way the Titan looks - yeah I know...a firearm is a tool, however, I want my "tools" to be visually appealing (to me).

4) Availabiliy to customize the build to your spec's - I ordered mine with a 22" NM Stainless heavy barrel with a 1/10 twist, Magpul PRS stock, 2 - 12" rails, 2 - 7" rails, quick detach Harris bipod, Geissele Match Trigger, SPR hand grip and a Vortex Flash Hider.

Mine is similar to this...
http://www.fulton-armory.com/DressedTitan18-600.jpg

my $0.02

Sakic #19  

Joe, how long ago did ya get the m14? Do you know how long they have been building ar's? I am seriousley considering one of ther titan carbines but am put off a little by the lack of info i can find on the web about fulton. kerry
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 9:06:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Joe, how long ago did ya get the m14? Do you know how long they have been building ar's? I am seriousley considering one of ther titan carbines but am put off a little by the lack of info i can find on the web about fulton. kerry

Kerry,

I purchased my M14 a couple of years ago - right now Fulton is in the works of producing their own M14 receiver. They've been building AR's since Clint McKee started Fulton Armory...I believe sometime in the 90's? If you want more info - Fulton Armory has a couple of their own forums (M14, M1 Garand and M1 Carbine) on WarRifles - Also, Walt Kuleck is the moderator on both forums and will answer all your questions. He really knows his stuff, is employed @ Fulton Armory, and has written several books on the AR-15, M14 and the like.

Cheers,

Sakic #19
Link Posted: 11/22/2008 4:57:03 AM EDT
[#7]
I highly recommend the Fulton Armory Titan.  It's well built, with everything fitted meticulously, it's accurate, smooth cycling, and uses some of the most common .308 AR magazines (DPMS/Stoner).  Clint is a great guy to deal with at Fulton Armory, too.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a312/51gunner/P1020126.jpg
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a312/51gunner/SS100176.jpg
Link Posted: 11/22/2008 11:18:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I highly recommend the Fulton Armory Titan.  It's well built, with everything fitted meticulously, it's accurate, smooth cycling, and uses some of the most common .308 AR magazines (DPMS/Stoner).  Clint is a great guy to deal with at Fulton Armory, too.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a312/51gunner/P1020126.jpg
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a312/51gunner/SS100176.jpg

Holy Shit - 3 Titans...you lucky SOB

Nice sticks there rhm0351 - I'm so jealous

Sakic #19

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top