Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/18/2008 12:31:23 PM EDT
Does anyone know of a place that has these in stock?      Rock River LAR-8  .308
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 7:06:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Wish i did i would call them. had one in my hands at the gun show last sat,$1700. To rich for my blood. Kerry
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 7:50:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Well, if $1,700 was too much, you certainly won't like $2,300.  It's crazy!  I should have bought one when Mooney's had some.  Dang, dang, dang!

Wish I wouldn't have bought all these FAL mags, now.  I guess I could always get an FAL, though.  An FN might be cheaper at this rate.

http://gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=115973956
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 9:34:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Well, if $1,700 was too much, you certainly won't like $2,300.  It's crazy!  I should have bought one when Mooney's had some.  Dang, dang, dang!

Wish I wouldn't have bought all these FAL mags, now.  I guess I could always get an FAL, though.  An FN might be cheaper at this rate.

I guess that makes the dpms ap4 for $1550 the same day was a "really" good deal! Some dealers are taking order but i think they are fudging on the 6-12 week wait time they are advertising. kerry
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 1:13:57 PM EDT
[#4]
I just picked up a LAR-8 at a gun show 2 weeks ago.  $1200.

So far I'm really liking it.  You can see pictures and a range report in the RRA forum under Industry.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 3:11:26 PM EDT
[#5]
I just happened to get one at the gun show last weekend. $1750! It definitely hurt the wallet. I've been on a waiting list for about 5 months for one at a local shop.

Kerry - what show did you go to? If it was the Saxet, then you saw the one I bought...
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 3:29:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I just happened to get one at the gun show last weekend. $1750! It definitely hurt the wallet. I've been on a waiting list for about 5 months for one at a local shop.

Kerry - what show did you go to? If it was the Saxet, then you saw the one I bought...

Congrat's i was at the fort worth show, only saw one and it went in minutes. Have ya shot it yet? Give us a report, i have one on order but who knows if i'll ever see it. kerry
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 5:33:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Congrat's i was at the fort worth show, only saw one and it went in minutes. Have ya shot it yet? Give us a report, i have one on order but who knows if i'll ever see it. kerry

Yeah, I picked it up in the first 30 minutes of the doors opening. Three people tried to look at it while I was waiting in line, and it felt good to tell them that it's mine.

Nah, haven't gotten a chance to fire it yet. I think I'm taking it to the Appleseed shoot in Daviila on Dec 6.

I still need to get a front sight for it and some mags.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 12:32:52 PM EDT
[#8]
$2,750!  What the hell!

FAL, here I come!

Link Posted: 11/20/2008 1:10:15 PM EDT
[#9]
i picked one up at the dallas market hall show back in September.  1300 OTD.  However, i still haven't taken to the range as i just got my scope on it the other night (waited on Larue mount) and i was tryign to break in the safety selector a bit (i thought it was too stiff) and the following happened.

http://i498.photobucket.com/albums/rr350/kicker9/safetyselector.jpg

Spoke to RRA and they are sending me a new safety selector, no questions asked (the 2nd time i called).  The first time I called they wanted me to speak to a technician because of the difficulty it would take to break the safety selector.
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top