Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/15/2008 12:43:22 PM EDT
I'm really beginning to enjoy hunting with this little rifle. Success two weekends in a row really builds my confidence in 7.62x39 from the AR platform.

Same 125grn Nosler ballistic tip load I used on the doein this thread. This time a bit closer in at 175yds shot from atop the access ladder on an abandoned combine, DRT as could possibly be at bullet impact. This yote is a good deal healthier looking than most of the yotes I've killed in the past.

No story this time, I just though my fellow AR guy's would like to see the platform in use during season.

If you're one of those emotional hippy PETA types DO NOT scroll down

Link Posted: 11/15/2008 1:26:55 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm going to hold out for hope
that before I die???
I'll get to use my AR's for what
They were designed for
Link Posted: 11/15/2008 1:54:38 PM EDT
[#2]

I'm going to hold out for hope
that before I die???
I'll get to use my AR's for what
They were designed for

the recruiting office is in the mall, go knock yourself out.

And I was worried about graphic pictures being viewed by more sensitive members.....But that.....that's downright creepy.
Link Posted: 11/15/2008 7:03:51 PM EDT
[#3]
poor little doggy

Link Posted: 11/15/2008 7:37:18 PM EDT
[#4]
What mags are you using?
Link Posted: 11/16/2008 2:34:21 AM EDT
[#5]
C-products 10 rounder's
Link Posted: 11/16/2008 8:14:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Dang even dead that's the healthiest lookin yote I've ever seen. It doesn't even look mangy.
Link Posted: 11/16/2008 8:29:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Nice yote.  Ill raise you bobcat
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 5:21:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Thats the best looking yote i've seen in some time. They got all mangieee here this summer. But now that winter has set in, I have hope that it will kill off some of that.

I'm hopping all this snow we are getting tonite sticks till friday. Then i'm going out with the 243 for sure. Maybe the LR-308 if the ACOG (TA11E) get's here before Thursday.

Fingers crossed.

The only good coyote. Is a dead coyote.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 6:29:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Okay Krochus, I'm in Rudy, and I've got a X39 AR, too.

Where is this abandoned combine?

rhill
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 10:32:16 PM EDT
[#10]
across the river in the Cason bottoms, towards Lavacca

OK! it's not abandoned per sae, but rather it just wasn't in use at the time.

You're not by chance the Mr Hill who gives CCW classes are you? If so we've met.
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top