Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/19/2008 3:46:37 PM EDT
i was considering buying one of these soon , either the DPMS or a bold either will be in .308
the dpms im thinking of has a 24" barrel i believe .
thanks
Nick
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 5:08:49 PM EDT
[#1]
most people report < 1MOA.  

YMMV

Most of the DPMS people hang out in Variants, as thats where Non Armalite AR-10® 308 discussions are.

Link Posted: 7/20/2008 6:16:11 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
i was considering buying one of these soon , either the DPMS or a bold either will be in .308
the dpms im thinking of has a 24" barrel i believe .
thanks
Nick

It really depends on you and your ammo choices but mine and others will shoot moa or better at 100yrds.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 8:26:03 AM EDT
[#3]

When I don't pull because of the 6lb trigger Mine shoots preety good
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 9:49:28 AM EDT
[#4]
At least -1 MOA with decent ammo.  My AP4 shoots -1 MOA with Match if I do my job.  

And 1.20 MOA when I don't
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 1:41:33 PM EDT
[#5]
You will want to replace the trigger.   I put a RRA Nation Match 2 stage.   She will hold 1 inch or better all day long with good ammo (168gr or 175 gr).  I have not shot it out passed 100 meters yet.  I will be up at Camp Grayling on the 1000 meter range the end of August to stretch it out.

Matt
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 6:46:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Depends on the ammo. if you are shooting surplus you have to fire a bunch of rounds to get any two holes to touch each other.  the above reports are with more expensive or hand loaded ammo.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 6:57:53 PM EDT
[#7]
With the LR308 the only limiting factor is the ammo , the scope and a match trigger (3lbs) .I can tell you that with "bench rest" case prep using 168 and 175 match kings CCI BR large rifle primers,winchester cases,Varget  and my 6x24  Sightron
Target scope I have shot a lot of groups at 100 yards that are 1/2 inch or better
Using harris Bi-Pod and Protector rear bags going prone or from a steady
bench rest
If you don't reload the Federal GM 168 and 175 will shoot almost as well,
also Black Hills Match ammo in same weights will do the same
Properly set up the LR 308 has outshot many "Tactical" rifles I have seen at
the range,could be that the weight and semi-auto action soaks up much of the
recoil making the rifle very easy to shoot. Remember in a bolt gun we have
many factors influencing accuracy that the LR does not have like bedding,stock
balance , barrel pressure on stock or free float ,etc
Later-
John
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 9:26:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Just noticed the title ..... "Cant"      
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top