Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/14/2008 1:11:22 PM EDT
I have a DPMS AP4 308. Just wanted to fine out if it work and how easy to install. The JP springs I order are JP Tactical Spring Kit, 4-lb pull with JP fire control parts. Also order Anti walk pins from JP size .156

Thanks
Link Posted: 7/14/2008 5:30:29 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't remember the pin sizes but I have a JP Trigger w/Lighting Hammer and the anti-walk pins on my AP4. They work great and have given me nothing but reliability.
Link Posted: 7/14/2008 5:32:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Just wanted to add that the installation wasn't hard. Don't use the red loctite untill your sure it's set up the way you want it.
Link Posted: 7/14/2008 6:06:32 PM EDT
[#3]
What red loctite on the anti walk pins?
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 9:20:52 AM EDT
[#4]
I ordered the complete package with speed hammer and it is OUTSTANDING. The directions were clear and the CD covered the entire setup very clearly. I had no problem installing this in my DPMS AP4 .308. I used the same 4-lb kit and it is great. Anti walk pins(.156) are the icing on the cake and are just as easy to install with the correct size punches. Just remember to tap them in with a small punch set inside the pin. If you hammer on the pin directly you will distort them and they will be ruined. I love my AP4 but it has the worst fire control group I have ever seen. I would not even shoot it with the awfull stock trigger. I ordered my JP setup right away and installed it as soon as it came in. I trashed the stock setup as I would not even give that piece of crap away. Why DPMS installs such crappy triggers on otherwise GREAT RIFLES I will never understand. Once the JP was installed, the rifle rivals my best bolt actions as far as accuracy goes. My sight in trip was great ,first group was 3/4" and none exceeded 1" at 100yds. I even had one 5 shot group that measures .475" using Federal 150gr power shok sp. This is the cheap ammo you can find at any Wally World. This rifle is supposed to only like the 168gr and heavier loads but I guess it did'nt get the word. I used lock tight(blue) on the pins after I was sure I had everything where I wanted it. This in the NON-PERMANENT type and can be removed if needed. I hope this help and good shooting.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 9:38:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks guys I was thinking of installing today.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 4:29:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Install complete didn't take long.
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top