BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/20/2008 7:57:14 PM EDT
Hey Guys-
I am interested in an upper for my Bushy in 7.62 x 39,the Model 1
flatop carbine sounds niceHowWhat is the deal with magazines ??
Thanks
John
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 9:20:43 PM EDT
[#1]
i have one with a 1:1 trijicon 6moa dot and at 100yds i can keep all rds in a pie plate. i wanted to but a scope on it just to see how good the groups could get but decided to do something different. mine eats wolf all day long though the firing pin probably could stand to be filed down just a bit. my 10 rders work fine except for the hold open. they are the ones brownells sells. mine is a 20" free float A3 flat top with a flat top gas block. check the EE.(hint hint).
Link Posted: 1/22/2008 9:43:45 PM EDT
[#2]
can the 7.62x39 do better groupings than that... whats the best groupings on a 7.62x39 can the round even do a 1 inch group at 100 yards with factory ammo.
Link Posted: 1/22/2008 9:47:02 PM EDT
[#3]
my pie plate is with a trijicon reflex. no magnification of any kind and its a 6" moa. if i dot sell the upper on the next bump im keeping and scoping.
Link Posted: 1/23/2008 12:07:20 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
can the 7.62x39 do better groupings than that... whats the best groupings on a 7.62x39 can the round even do a 1 inch group at 100 yards with factory ammo.

Absolutely.  My model1 30 cal can pretty much do 1MOA.  Last time I posted here they called me a liar.  But I got about 1MOA (actually less) with a 3 shot group with Wolf.  There are threads online on how to make the 7.62 upper dependable using steel cased ammo.  

1.  Modify the bolt to let the firing pin protrude more
2.  Install Wolff extra power hammer spring
3.  Get reliable mags (MWG or the new cproducts 10 rounders)
Link Posted: 1/24/2008 12:27:30 AM EDT
[#5]
My DPMS with frankymags and Silver Bear zinc plated HP does one inch off a rest with a 4x14 scope at 100 yards.
  I filed the tail of the bolt a couple thousandths for reliable firing pin strike but that was not really necesary with it as Wolf ammo only caused me inconsistent ignition.
   I made up some Nosler 125 grain BT loads with AA1680 powder and at the same distance are closer to half inch and is my new deer rifle..I like it and beats the hell out of my Mini Thirty or even my mauser bolt rifle I have
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top