Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/30/2006 12:09:14 PM EDT
Getting discouraged ,did a search on SASS .

Armalite sounds overpriced ($2,800), fake suppressor, questionable accuracy.

DPMS still has people saying their bolts are of concern.

That varminter I have just plain kicks a$$ . Allot of opinions out there, all not overwhelming happy with either setup. I'll spend $2,800 if it would preform as good as my Bushy V.

My search revealed an answer of not likely.  
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 12:48:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Once RRA reintroduces/releases their LAR-10, one version is a "varminter".
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 12:55:10 PM EDT
[#2]

DPMS still has people saying their bolts are of concern.

????

I have a DPMS Panther in .308 and haven't noticed any problems.

eta - decent photos

Link Posted: 10/30/2006 1:03:33 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Don't hold your breath.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 1:06:05 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Don't hold your breath.

I'm not, I have a Bushmaster  BAR-10A4 20". I'm waiting for the RRA flattop carbine w/collapsible stock.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 1:12:05 PM EDT
[#5]
There's two statements I have always heard concerning DPMS , they being weak bolts, and that they are tack drivers.

I plan on making a purchase at x-mass time. Ya know , more than likely both would out perform my abilities. I just like to feel confident in my purchases.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 2:09:06 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
There's two statements I have always heard concerning DPMS , they being weak bolts, and that they are tack drivers.

I plan on making a purchase at x-mass time. Ya know , more than likely both would out perform my abilities. I just like to feel confident in my purchases.

bushmaster had the bolt issue in the .308 rifles, not dpms.  some shops still have the bushmaster .308, i think they were chrome moly barrels though.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 2:11:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Has anyone dealt with JP-Enterprises ?  Their website has upgrades for both Armalite and DPMS ar10's.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 6:46:52 PM EDT
[#8]
I have had very good luck with JP.  I have one of their 260 Rem upper made for my DPMS.  Now have both the 308 and the 260.  
Jerry
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 12:40:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 12:45:37 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Armalite ... questionable accuracy.

These two things are usually never found together in the same sentence.

You can rag on a few things about ArmaLite AR-10's, the accuracy is usually not one of them.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 3:34:19 PM EDT
[#11]
 Shivan, questionable accuracy refers to article in Gun & Weapons where Armalit's SASS is featured. I did a search and found a few threads discussing it. Someone posted it as questionable accuracy, and another questioned the guy doing the testing.

I have since then purchased this magazine and on page 93, it says "The Super SASS performed without incident and delivered satisfactory accuracy. Our test Super Sass delivered accuracy as good as most other semiautomatic match grade rifles we have tested and better than some."

I personally do not own a Armalite firearm yet. Gun mag's are not always the best source of info, they seem to love every gun ever built. So I do a search and add a question or two of my own. Because of AR15.com members post and opinions, I have made 7 purchases , and quite happy with my decisions years later.

THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO REPLIES TO MY QUESTIONS !!!!   It is appreciated.

Link Posted: 11/1/2006 4:35:54 PM EDT
[#12]
tiredtoolman if your in no race to get a rifle the gas piston .308 should be out around the start of the year.

Also what model Varmint rifle do you have?
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 6:19:15 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
tiredtoolman if your in no race to get a rifle the gas piston .308 should be out around the start of the year.

just remember how often release dates get pushed back.  rra has been about a year i believe.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 8:36:27 PM EDT
[#14]
height=8
Quoted:
height=8
Quoted:

just remember how often release dates get pushed back.  rra has been about a year i believe.

I know thats why I made the comment if your not in a race to get one.

At the moment I'm trying holding out for one. But I might have to buy somthing to fill that time.
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 1:16:54 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

The orginal Bushmaster Varminter -not the stainless model.

I have been wanting one of those folding stock FAL carbines.
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 2:33:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Those folding stock FAL's are sweet.hink
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top