Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/26/2006 2:36:18 PM EDT
I have a DPMS LR308 16" with the standard handguard.  How do I mount a bipod and what are my mounting options?
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 5:34:29 AM EDT
[#1]
One way is to drill and tap a hole for a sling stud mount.  Then, you could use a Harris or a versa-pod.  

Another method would be to replace that tube with a DPMS railed tube, then you could use a bipod off the rail.  

I am going to do one of these two methods at some point.  If you beat me to it, please post pics and results.  I'll do the same.  
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 12:41:30 PM EDT
[#2]
if you use a bipod stud, dont tap.  just drill a hole and use a nut, make sure your lined up properly.  you can get one from dpms, they sent one with my rifle.  call them you may get one for free.
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 4:08:15 PM EDT
[#3]
I haven't called them(DPMS) yet, but I think I'm leaning more towards a 4 rail.
I found a bipod mount that would go onto the rail and install the bipod on the mount.
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 4:43:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 6:21:08 PM EDT
[#5]
go with the railed forearm
bipod mounted on a two peice standard forearm is weak
been there, done that, got the t-shirt,then burnt the fucker

AR out
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 7:30:28 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
go with the railed forearm
bipod mounted on a two peice standard forearm is weak
been there, done that, got the t-shirt,then burnt the fucker

AR out

when he says standard handguard, its a round ff tube that is stock for that rifle.  
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 4:20:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Been thinking about a bipod for my AP4 with the free floating handguard

I would like to see pictures of installation on the FF tube before making the decision to do it myself.

Thanks
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top