Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/19/2006 1:17:27 AM EDT
Hi!

Anyone have experience with this gun? How is accuracy and reliability? How is magazine reliability? How about larger mags than 19 rounds? I will use the rifle for IPSC and would like to have a mag with 30 rounds in it, or maybe a Beta C mag.

Any other things about the LR-260 or DPMS AR10's in general, please post your opinions.
Link Posted: 10/19/2006 6:19:45 PM EDT
[#1]
tag for outcome.  i have an interest in the very same rifle.
Link Posted: 10/20/2006 1:16:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Anybody out there?
Link Posted: 10/20/2006 3:31:43 AM EDT
[#3]
I have one. Only shot factory ammo thru it before it went back. Here is some info.

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=121&t=292487

Turns out the barrel was cut too tight so its getting replaced.
Link Posted: 10/20/2006 5:20:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks! What's the status on your rifle now? Sorry to hear that you have had such problems with it...
Link Posted: 10/20/2006 12:41:03 PM EDT
[#5]
I called the other day and they said that they got the barrels and should be working on it this week however i never got the phone call telling me they did anything and I was promised this two weeks ago.

Quoted:
Thanks! What's the status on your rifle now? Sorry to hear that you have had such problems with it...
Link Posted: 10/20/2006 6:05:47 PM EDT
[#6]
It's just a darn shame that if it's not a 223 you're buying, everything else is liable to be like some one-of-a-kind experimental with YOU being the test pilot.

I don't know why manufacturers can't do their homework first before putting their stuff on the market. Seems mighty unprofessional to me.

Link Posted: 10/23/2006 12:24:15 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I called the other day and they said that they got the barrels and should be working on it this week however i never got the phone call telling me they did anything and I was promised this two weeks ago.

Quoted:

In my book that is bad customer service and poor quality control. I would very much like to hear from other LR-260 owners. Is this a common problem with these guns? Anybody got some chrono numbers for the 260? I need 3200fps to get that 100grs Scenar to major PF. Possbile out of an AR10? Or do I need to go with heavier bullets?
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 2:36:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Bump. Anybody have some input about the LR-260?
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 2:25:19 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

In my book that is bad customer service and poor quality control. I would very much like to hear from other LR-260 owners. Is this a common problem with these guns? Anybody got some chrono numbers for the 260? I need 3200fps to get that 100grs Scenar to major PF. Possbile out of an AR10? Or do I need to go with heavier bullets?

ask in the precision rifle section.  someone has done much with one, bolt action i think though.  JER maybe.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 6:43:36 PM EDT
[#10]
I am getting 2800 in my JP with 123 lapua and got 3130 with the 108 lapua.  this in a 22 inch barrel. N550 powder.  JP is getting higher speeds but I want to reload the brass more then a couple of times.  

Jerry
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 2:40:23 AM EDT
[#11]
Thanks for the info, guys!
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top