Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/20/2006 9:56:56 AM EDT
Has anyone seen a .17HMR upper for the AR-15?

I think it would be a great Target, Plinking, Small Varmit round and the AMMO is reasonably priced too. If anyone is planning to produce one I'd be interested to learn more about it.
Link Posted: 8/20/2006 11:28:03 AM EDT
[#1]
one would think since the 22lr uppers are avaliable a 17 mach 2 would be doable, but as the 17 HMR is based on the 22mag size wise etc, wouldnt it be less pheasable? I would think we would see 17 mach 2 uppers before the 17 HMR.  that being said, I have a 17 452 in 17 HMR and love it, I would be interested in a 17 HMR upper if one ever came to being.
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 6:07:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Either Cheaper Than Dirt or Sportmans Guide offered a dual conversion kit (Apparently based on the Ceiner unit) that allowed .22lr in standard configuration and also had a second chamber unit with a .17 caliber barrel that attached inplace of the .22 chamber insert and lined the bore, similar to the .22 conversion units for Mauser rifles.

Jeff
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top