Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/29/2006 2:29:38 PM EDT
I have been talking with Marty about a rifle I want them to build for me. I wanted to see if anybody has had any work done by them, and how good of a job they do.  So far, I have had several email's with them, and they have been TOP NOTCH in helping me choose what I want, and what they can do.  If there rifles are as good as what there customer service is, it should be one hell of a rifle.  Any body have any input?

Thanks,
Mack
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 2:32:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Big +1 for Marty.  My experience with the 458 SOCOM group buy was great, and Marty was always willing to answer questions.  Workmanship on the uppers was 1st class.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 2:38:40 PM EDT
[#2]
2nd---You will be pleased.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 3:51:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Have done a lot of business with Marty.  Have MGI upper w/.458, .338, and .204 set up.  Have two 500Ps and another .458 and few other toys in the works.  Do I like him hell yes.  Do I love the work - hell yes.  So I will give a +1.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 4:31:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Since 2002.  First truely internet / email order experience without voice contact.  Have bought several used versions of his work since.

Link Posted: 3/29/2006 4:37:27 PM EDT
[#5]
I've gotten 4 uppers from Marty over the past few years, and I've been completely tickled with all of them.  Sold a couple off to buy other toys, but I plan to pick up a couple more in the future.  He's a great guy to deal with.

Link Posted: 3/29/2006 4:51:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Very pleased.

This upper may be up for sale shortly. I want to SBR the .458/suppresser setup.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 5:00:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Marty is an outstanding guy.  Do your deal, his work is top notch.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 5:02:11 PM EDT
[#8]
You cant go wrong with Marty that is for sure.

I have one of the 458 SOCOM uppers and love it.  When I was having some reloading issues, Marty bent over backwards to help me.  Runs great now with my reloads.  Complete my issue, but Marty got me through it\
Chris
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 5:13:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Besides the fact that I consider his service, quality and customer service beyond reproach, there is another variable to consider.  He is one of the few individuals who are really pushing the AR envelope to its extremes.  He is small, but that leaves him very fast and flexible.  If you look at the development schedule of the other big name players in this alternative AR market, you will see a definate pattern.  Slow and methodical.  Almost so slow as to shoot themselves in the proverbial foot.  Probably so slow due to their size, and the fact that they want to ensure some piece of some large government contract.  In the mean time, those of us on the commercial receiving end are left hanging and dangling.  Can we get dies, mags brass or ammo.  Can't get just a barrel because they are propriatary.   Reloading and actual tested performance is like pulling teeth.  Want a 6.8 or 50 for your MRP.  You will stuck right in the middle of the "this is mine and you can't have it until I say so" battle.  That is well and fine for intellectual property.  The American way.  The other American way is to build it, get it out there, market it, and let the consumers move it along.

Marty is generous with his creations, will help with load data, and listen to what you want or what you might want.  Those of us in the AR world, who want to see advancements within this platform need folks like Marty.  We need to support him, prod him and do whatever is necessary to allow him the time and resources to keep thinking outside the box.   Any of us have the ability to go out and buy a bolt action gun that will outperform anything that could ever be put together in this AR platform, but for me that is not what it is about.

Craig
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 5:49:10 PM EDT
[#10]
The wait for his product is verrrrrrrry well worth it. I will do business with him anytime.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 3:09:26 AM EDT
[#11]
That is what I figured would be said, thanks for the help guys, I am off to talk with Marty
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 3:11:20 AM EDT
[#12]
I bought a 11 1/2 458 Socom from Marty.  It runs great.  He had to do some extra tuning to get it just right.  I would recommend him without hesitation.

Mike
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 3:14:40 AM EDT
[#13]
You cant go wrong with Marty!  Ron
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 6:10:54 AM EDT
[#14]
What all these other guys said.  Participated in the group buy of a .458 socom.  I wish other group buys I've participated in through this board went 1/2 as smoothly.  Marty is great to deal with and his product is top notch.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 6:28:50 AM EDT
[#15]
Does Marty have a website for more info on what he offers?
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 6:56:02 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 6:29:52 PM EDT
[#17]
I just finished spec'ing out a parts order for a 7.62x25 upper. I sent the check off about a week ago,
and I'm waiting to here back.

Marty was VERY helpful. He helped me pin down what I wanted, what was possible, and how much
it was going to cost. I'm VERY much looking forward to building my 7.62x25 upper. Hopefully, he'll
have the mag inserts sorted out before too long. B-)

Sam
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 7:35:54 PM EDT
[#18]
just check out the 338 spectre page.......

see that carbon 15 upper? oh yeah.... thats mine.

that pic alone is worth all youll need to know that Marty brings good things to life!
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 7:50:44 PM EDT
[#19]
Marty is great to work with and has top notch products.  Do not hessitate for a second to do business with him.  He is behind his products 100%.  If you are gonna play with .458 you will hear 2 names, Tony from Tromix and good ol' Marty.  As far as I know, Marty is the only guy that you can get all these crazy custom setups from now, and he backs the design as well his products.  I didn't buy my .458 from him directly, but through another outfit and when I was having problems loading my rounds(the first round I ever reloaded was the 458 SOCOM) he baby stepped me through it and even sent me parts from his shop to help troubleshoot my issue that turned out  to be entirely due to my own lack of reloading experience.  Buy with confidence.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 9:39:34 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 3:54:13 AM EDT
[#21]
You guys are making me blush

BUt seriously, thanks for all the kind words.  Most all the credit goes to Derek and Thomas, who do the lathe work, I am just "management".  And lest we forget, Mrs T who works with me to get the parts ordered and time to work in the shop.

As Randall put it, if we could do this full-time ... you should see my project sketch book... I hope to have two of them moving forward in the next few months.  Then there are about 5 new calibers that should see daylight this year (some of them as a result of customer requests, right Ron?)
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 5:01:03 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 5:22:27 AM EDT
[#23]
Marty makes the best shirts. Number One!
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 5:50:00 PM EDT
[#24]
(some of them as a result of customer requests, right Ron?)
Cant wait Marty, Ron
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 6:37:48 PM EDT
[#25]
Just to add my 2 cents worth, Marty is great to work with. Last winter he built me a 6x45 and I've been extremely pleased with it. I was pretty new at the whole AR plaform thing and he talked me through the process to help me decide. I just wish his shop was closer so I could just drop by and spend money at will.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 6:57:58 PM EDT
[#26]
From the way his company has grown over the last few years the more appropriate question might be: "Who has NOT done business with Teppo Jutsu?"  And if you ask who HAS done business with him and not been happy I would bet dollars to doughnuts that you will get NO replies, not even from his "competitor," Tony of TROMIX.  
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 7:22:37 PM EDT
[#27]
I have lost count of the projects I have done with Marty.  Marty is like crack, once you start you cannot stop.

Link Posted: 4/7/2006 10:26:45 AM EDT
[#28]
Marty, is a stand up guy, he shoots from the hip and always tells it like it is, regardless of the reaction or situation.  You have to respect that in a person, especially in todays world.  He is always a pleasure to deal with and completes projects in a very professional manner.  I cannot say enough good things about him (except for the fact that he is usually the cause for money leaving my bank account...)

Other then that, he is one heck of a guy and someone who has alot of respect by many both here on the boards and out in the real world.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 1:59:12 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Marty is one of the good guys!
If only he (and I) could make a regular living at this, you might REALLY see some fun stuff coming out of our shops.

And that 338 Spectre Carbon 15 upper, it's sitting on MY shelf right now
Don't make me post a picture

do it! i dare ya!
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 2:08:05 PM EDT
[#30]
Don't do it!  I bought a 4 rail gas block from Marty and he charged me $775!  Well, there was a 458 Socom complete upper attached to it, but still!

Great guy to work with :)
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 12:18:38 AM EDT
[#31]
Teppo Jutsu is good to go!

Link Posted: 4/8/2006 3:22:04 PM EDT
[#32]
If you decide to sell, please keep me in mind.........I'll overnight funds
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 9:02:11 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 1:04:51 PM EDT
[#34]
Another big plus 1 here. Marty will respond to your IM's quickly. He tells it like it is.

His quality of work and manner in which he does business has me scrapping money together for and 458 SBR.

When dealing with Marty, you won't be sorry!

Hey that rhymes.

Link Posted: 4/9/2006 4:41:36 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Don't make me post a picture

do it! i dare ya!

You asked for it...

www.ar15barrels.com/gfx/338spectre.jpg

thats a nice side chargin AR you have there!
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 6:18:06 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 7:31:59 PM EDT
[#37]
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top