Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/27/2006 4:26:45 PM EDT
well after a long talk with bill alexander on my problem with the crooked front sight base and the attachment of a smith enterprises vortech flash arrestor.
Ron Smith@ SMITH ENTERPRISES TOTALLY LIED AND MAJORLY DESTROYED MY .50 BEOWULF UPPER
the thread used was totally wrong and they used a moron to reinstall the barrell assy,totaly screwed up the tightening nut on the barrel and did it shoot BAd,groups of 10in @ 100 yds w/an eotech sight and i tested the accuraccy of the e o tech on a.22 and i was 1/4 in groups @ 50yds
after sending the rifle to alexander arms and had it inspected he told me i had barly .020thosands of a barrel and it was definatly a time bomb in my face, if i continued to use it i could be seriously harmed or anyone else nearby.
And as he explaned what happend to the barrel at the end where smith enterprised threaded on the end for the vortech flash arrestor it all made sense as to why i couldnt hit the broad side of a barn at 100 yds.
i am used to 1 1/2- 2in groups with any rifle and open sights, i just could not believe that i got such lousey workmanship for$200.00 and a 3 month wait and numerous phone calls as to why it was taking so long.
And now i am going to have to obtain a new barrel assy and i am totally irritated with SMITH ENTERPRISES ,i dont see any point in trying to get reparations from the alledged gunsmith at smith enterprises cause of their incompetence i see no point in trying to reason with them.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 5:38:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Wow! That just sux!

I just had mine threaded 3/4"x 24tpi by Tony Rumore (Tromix) and got one of his big-bore compensators (I'm in NY, no flash hiders for me) and I'm in awe of the workmanship. He turned it around in a week and was under $150. I would DEFINATELY recommend him.

No chance of just shortening your barrel and rethreading for a longer flashhider?

Good Luck!
Jay
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top