Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/19/2006 6:12:15 PM EDT
I talked to DPMS and they said there distributers are selling them, but I can't find anyone who has them.  Anybody know of someone who is selling them?

Thanks,
Mack
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 3:56:28 PM EDT
[#1]
I just got one from Kiesler's Police Supply and it is a beauty.  They special ordered it for me but DPMS is saying lag time 3-4 months on lowers, 3-4 weeks on uppers.  So, if you order expect to wait a while.  Brownells can also order them and the wait is the same, 3-4 months.

Link Posted: 3/21/2006 10:23:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks big bore, I will give them a call

Mack
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 4:59:21 PM EDT
[#3]
You may already know this but I will mention it anyway.  All but 3 parts for the DPMS LR-.308 lower are the same as for the AR-15.  The only three parts that differ are the pivot pin, take down pin, and bolt catch screw (it uses a screw instead of a roll pin).  Cost on these three parts from Brownells, dealer cost, is a hair over $10, or about $15 if you order at full retail.
It took Brownells about two weeks to get in my order on those three parts and I will finish the lower build this weekend.   The only thing I don't like about the lower is that the trigger guard is one piece so I cannot use the Mag-Pul Enhanced trigger guard that I like so much.  Other than that it is excellent.
Here is mine waiting for its .500 Phantom upper and those three missing parts.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 5:48:43 PM EDT
[#4]
What kind of pricing did Kiesler's give you?  It's only a few minutes from my work...
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 5:53:57 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
What kind of pricing did Kiesler's give you?  It's only a few minutes from my work...

I too would like to know this.  Thanks much.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 7:14:48 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
You may already know this but I will mention it anyway.  All but 3 parts for the DPMS LR-.308 lower are the same as for the AR-15.  The only three parts that differ are the pivot pin, take down pin, and bolt catch screw (it uses a screw instead of a roll pin).  Cost on these three parts from Brownells, dealer cost, is a hair over $10, or about $15 if you order at full retail.
It took Brownells about two weeks to get in my order on those three parts and I will finish the lower build this weekend.   The only thing I don't like about the lower is that the trigger guard is one piece so I cannot use the Mag-Pul Enhanced trigger guard that I like so much.  Other than that it is excellent.
img.photobucket.com/albums/v318/BiggBore/lowerbuild.jpg

nice grip modification, looks real clean.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 3:07:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Sorry, but the pricing I get from Kieslers is confidential.
 But let's put it this way, if you are a regular and steady customer they will take VERY, make that EXTREMELY good care of you.  
However, if you only buy one gun every year or two or only to show up and complain that their shelf prices are higher than those at the gun show, or are always trying to get them to come down on their prices or throw something in for "free," then don't expect much off MSRP or shelf price.
 Their prices can vary a lot depending on what kind of customer you are and I can tell you this, they have done things for me that I never would have expected them to do and have given me prices I never would have dreamed about asking for.  Treat them right and they will treat you right back in spades.
Of all the things I miss about southern Indiana, Kiesler's is the one thing I miss most.

Grip modification?  The only thing I did to the grip was to cut a small piece out of the side of the Hogue grip.  On two other ARs that I have Hogue grips on, the selector lever has rubbed against the grip making it spongy feeling.  Just like the other two, this one was rubbing so I had to cut a small amount of grip out to clear the control lever.  If this is the mod you are referring to, then thanks, if not, then I am not sure what you mean.  
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 11:19:25 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Grip modification?  The only thing I did to the grip was to cut a small piece out of the side of the Hogue grip.  On two other ARs that I have Hogue grips on, the selector lever has rubbed against the grip making it spongy feeling.  Just like the other two, this one was rubbing so I had to cut a small amount of grip out to clear the control lever.  If this is the mod you are referring to, then thanks, if not, then I am not sure what you mean.  

yep.  i hit mine with a file.  next time ill try an exacto.  looks better.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 3:21:06 AM EDT
[#9]
Big Bore, who is doing your upper?
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 7:11:18 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
img.photobucket.com/albums/v318/BiggBore/lowerbuild.jpg

this contridicts this thread, i would really like to know this, because i want to get a .308 and later on get a 6.5 grendel upper if possible and share the lowers.

edit: i just called DPMS and their lowers for the .308 and the .223 are different the .308 lower is about an inch longer they said
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 1:17:44 PM EDT
[#11]
the two pins and mag catch screw are the only diff parts; besides the lower and mags, which should be obvious due to size.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 4:02:41 PM EDT
[#12]
I have talked to a couple of suppliers, and it is running between $260 and $300 (+ or -).  The problem I see, is it is a 3-4 month wait for one.  I got on a list, and hopefully that will get moved up.

Mack
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 4:31:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top