Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/13/2006 3:56:43 PM EDT
With all of the discussion that these rifles are getting now, which is the best one to get?  I am very excited to see the RRA.  

What types of groups are guys getting?  

What optics are you using?

Link Posted: 3/13/2006 7:03:47 PM EDT
[#1]
I have the DPMS 24" and will be getting a DPMS AP4 this week. I have a S.S. 10 X42 on the 24"
I'd wait to see how the RRA pans out, its just a bushy with RRA on it. Maybe they fixed it maybe they didnt. I'd wait and see though. I love the DPMS and also have two friends that have them and one that has an AR10 I dont really see any difference between them. I do like the looks of the milled DPMS lower over the Armalite. But then thats just me.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 6:48:03 AM EDT
[#2]
I realy hope that RRA fixed their problem that they gave to bushmaster, i really do, but the reality of the situation is that they are the third manufacture to attemp to use cheep FAL mags to feed the system.  it doesnt work, the ar was not designed to fire from the center

at the moment there are two options armalite or dpms,  there is no doubt about it, the DPMS is a better value and will do the same thing as the more expensive armalite. But the difffrence is in the customer service and liftime warrenty, personally i am willing to spend a few hundred dollars on a wepon knowing that if the bolt shits the bed next year, i can send it in a get it replaced inside of a week for no cost, will that happen, no, but it could.  

for me armalite is like having AAA coverage, anytime I need anything they bend over backword to accomadate me.

hinestly you cant go wrong with either gun

here is my half MOA gun with US optics scope
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 6:22:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Here are the pics of My DPMSs

Link Posted: 3/15/2006 9:46:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Hey what is that A2 stock doing on that AP4?

Anyway my brother has an AP4 and really likes it.  Although he has problems feeding PMC ammo through it.  It eats up LC bulk .308 ammo like no tomorrow.

Personally I am probably going looking into the SASS that DPMS just came out with, plus a few modifications.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 9:51:39 AM EDT
[#5]
I don't own one but curious why  KAC SR25  never seems to be mentioned when this is
discussed.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 10:15:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Oh boy, anothe arfcom picture hijack.

I prefer the Armalite when it comes to "best".  The DPMS and other offerings may be adequate, or good for the money, but I believe the Armalite to be the best.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 10:22:51 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I don't own one but curious why  KAC SR25  never seems to be mentioned when this is
discussed.

Heck they even got pole up on some of them

Agreed on that but I bet 99.99%  the opinions will be DPMS or Armalite.
Wheres the KAC owners
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 2:58:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Hey what is that A2 stock doing on that AP4?

Thats actualy an early Colt stock and grip, No trap door stock.  For some reason I really like them. I have debated on putting the  collapsible back on  a Magpul or so. Seems like everybody looks the same so I decided I like it better with out the 6 pos.
I actually broke the barrel in on the AP4 this afternoon. No problems at all. Just those first 25 rounds take for ever. I put 140 rounds of L2A2 English ball ammo through it after break in. 0 malfunctions YOOOHOOO. Just as sweet as the 24" and weights half. Shot 32" high (out of the box) at 100 yrds, and a couple of inches to the left. Now for the scope.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 3:21:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Bushmaster .308 run fine if you have a bolt that brakes they replace it no questions asked, I have over 1400 in mine and no problems. Is it the best? Who knows but I like it.

Quote: I realy hope that RRA fixed their problem that they gave to bushmaster, i really do, but the reality of the situation is that they are the third manufacture to attemp to use cheep FAL mags to feed the system. it doesnt work, the ar was not designed to fire from the center

The red is incorrect about feeding from the center and obviously the person that made this statement has not a clue about the rifle.

Personally I am waiting on RRA release and I will own one of the .308’s.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 3:39:33 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Bushmaster .308 run fine if you have a bolt that brakes they replace it no questions asked, I have over 1400 in mine and no problems. Is it the best? Who knows but I like it.

Quote: I realy hope that RRA fixed their problem that they gave to bushmaster, i really do, but the reality of the situation is that they are the third manufacture to attemp to use cheep FAL mags to feed the system. it doesnt work, the ar was not designed to fire from the center

The red is incorrect about feeding from the center and obviously the person that made this statement has not a clue about the rifle.

Personally I am waiting on RRA release and I will own one of the .308’s.

Not doubting you but what did cause the bolt failures in the Bushys? I had my 24" DPMS before bushy sold their 308. I almost bought one and then I heard about the failures so I decided to wait on a DPMS AP4 308. My firsone was excellant and this one seem to be the same. I alos have 2 buddies with DPMS and they all function perfectly. Especially after we got the metal mags.
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top