Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/10/2006 12:22:30 PM EDT
We just received our personal copy of Jane's Ammunition Handbook, 2005-2006.  For those who do not know what Jane's is ... well ... you could check out their website.  Those of you who are familiar with it or work with their product understand how honored we are.  Not only are our .458 SOCOM, .338 Spectre, .30 HRT and .500 Phantom listed with supplemental information, several comparisons are shown e.g. .500 Phantom v. .500 Whisper, .338 Spectre v. .300 Whisper, etc.

Add to that the fact that they are all mentioned in the executive summary ... and to add icing to the cake, one of the editors was kind enough to sign our copy.

Here is the cover:

BTW, all of them are due to appear in the new edition of Cartridges of the World as well ...
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 12:32:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Congrats!
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 1:32:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Yay !

Must place and order through the book store...now.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 1:54:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Who signed it: Tony Williams or Leland Ness?  I know that Tony lurks on, and occasionally posts to this forum.  
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 2:42:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Very cool!
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 3:26:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Cool
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 4:17:22 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Who signed it: Tony Williams or Leland Ness?  I know that Tony lurks on, and occasionally posts to this forum.  

Tony did, we converse on occassion
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 7:51:05 AM EDT
[#7]
$590 to $620 for a book????  Wow, too rich for my blood, and I thought the HK books were a bit steep!  I have no doubt it is worth every penny to someone in your business Marty but not for this old man.  No wonder you had to do the Phantom GB, you needed to pay for that Jane's Book!
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 10:53:20 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
$590 to $620 for a book????  Wow, too rich for my blood, and I thought the HK books were a bit steep!  I have no doubt it is worth every penny to someone in your business Marty but not for this old man.  No wonder you had to do the Phantom GB, you needed to pay for that Jane's Book!

Business expense for me.  Research tool.  First good info on the 6.5 x 25 Bofors round I have seen along with some other cartridges even the "RKI"s   here on ARFCOM haven't had the pleasure to examine.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 9:23:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Marty, congrats on all your successes!  You're lucky to get to write this off as a business expense.  You should see how much it costs to get a weekly subscription to Defence Weekly or some of their other periodicals!  I want to see your SOCOM make it into there.

AKTactical
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top