Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/26/2006 6:05:26 PM EDT
Hi all,

Has anyone out there used this upper?  If so, any good or bad experiences with it?  Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 6:43:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Interesting ... no comments using this upper?  
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 2:58:19 AM EDT
[#2]
I asked this question a while back concerning the Watsons Weapons upper and was told to look into Ferrett.  I spent a few months going to several different gun shows and it is unreal the number of .50 vendors who have never even heard of upper conversions.  They all had pretty much the same response tho:  "sounds like a good way to get hurt" hinking.gif  

Based on that and other factors I settled on a Barrett M99
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 2:00:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Got to shoot one at the FCSA match in Raton.  I was impressed with it and ordered one.  Haven't shot it yet as just too cold around here yet.  Will get it out soon as I am loading ammo for it now.   Darran shot a .3" group at 100yds in his test(3 shots)of my upper and send the target with the upper.  Had to get a stock for it and found a stainless lower to build it(thats what I was waiting for)
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 5:57:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the info gang.  

The M99 is an awesome gun and you'll have lots of fun with it!  I'm afraid it's out of my current price range ATT.  Built well and should serve you well.

I have heard and read good reviews about the ALS upper.  I'm not in a hurry at the moment as I'm still gathering data.  Was advised by a good source if you wanted to shoot the ALS often, one might be better off getting a separate lower.  Some lowers having the finger hole work better for this type of upper and will definitely reduce group size.  0.3" groups is pretty impressive at 100 yards!  Roger with loading your own as thats what I wll eventually do when I get my 50 cal.  When you get a chance to try the ALS upper, let me know if you like it.  

Take care gang and happy shooting!
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 2:52:29 AM EDT
[#5]
go to www.bighammer.net  and post your question, you may get more response there.  Its a coolsite I just found it last night.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 3:18:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Or....

use the armory tab up top to goto the 50cal forum....

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=6&f=3&t=195212

Not trying to be snide, just that there is a lot of info over there you might find useful regarding the 50BMG and I linked my post regarding my ALS 50BMG upper.     Not everyone who has a 50BMG frequents this area of the AR15 section of the forum.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 3:48:07 AM EDT
[#7]
I think they were doing well at the FCSA meets. I've been meaning to get down that way and check one out and maybe schmooze a demo. With Noveske in the same neighborhood maybe I'll make it this summer. Supposed to be hogs down there somewhere.
Dang, now you've got me back on the 50 wagon!
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top