Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/26/2006 4:42:44 AM EDT
Anyone here have an AR in .50BMG?  I am thinking about building one.  Are any of them worth it or should I avoid them and buy a bolt action .50BMG?
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 11:33:27 AM EDT
[#1]
The Watson is excellent albeit horribly slow to reload.  The Ferret Spider is also a most excellent bolt on upper to the AR-15 platform and being a bolt action single shot as fast to reload as any.
My own preference though is the Armalite AR-50, which as you probably know has nothing to do with the AR-15 type of rifles.

ETA:  There is a Ferret .50 BMG upper for sale on the FCSA members only BB classified ads right now for $1650 but you have to be a member to access the members only BB.

Link Posted: 2/26/2006 4:06:48 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
The Watson is excellent albeit horribly slow to reload.  The Ferret Spider is also a most excellent bolt on upper to the AR-15 platform and being a bolt action single shot as fast to reload as any.
My own preference though is the Armalite AR-50, which as you probably know has nothing to do with the AR-15 type of rifles.

+1 on the AR50. If your going to shell out the dough, go ahead and get a complete gun. The AR50 rocks. It is also very accurate for a "off the shelf" gun
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 5:42:44 PM EDT
[#3]
What about a Cobb50?  They are pretty damn cool in my book, and if I had the dough and the desire I would buy one...

http://nas4.atlanta.gbhinc.com/GB/044408000/44408310/pix3856060265.jpg
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 2:20:41 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a Ferret .50 upper mounted to a RRA lower.  I love shooting it and it is plenty accurate.  Sucker is heavy, though.  The only problem I have now is finding a range in the Augusta area where I can shoot it comfortably.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 7:01:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top