[#1]
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 11:15:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Thats a PR stunt.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 11:55:23 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Thats a PR stunt.

explain that comment? In what regard is it a PR stunt?
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 11:58:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Why in the hell are a pair of Navy shutterbugs testing the armor piercing capability of anything other than Canos EOS camera?
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 12:01:54 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Why in the hell are a pair of Navy shutterbugs testing the armor piercing capability of anything other than Canos EOS camera?

They want something lighter than a Ma Duece or Barrett for vehicle interdiction.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 12:05:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 12:19:55 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 3:33:17 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Thats a PR stunt.

A navy woman manning a check point?  Where and what war?  And why at a gun club? If they wanted to test it for application within their ranks they would do it at their range.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 3:50:54 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Thats a PR stunt.

A navy woman manning a check point?  Where and what war?  And why at a gun club? If they wanted to test it for application within their ranks they would do it at their range.

I saw quite a few female SeeBee rocking and rolling on HMVVW mounted M2s and MK19s in Fallujah during the April festivities in 2004.....THey were providing cover for the bulldozers that were berming up the exit routes out of Fallujah just prior to the Marines moving in. They took and repelled quite a few insurgent attacks.....
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 10:29:25 PM EDT
[#10]
its called a dog and pony show.  you let all the VIPs and others play with your toys and get their pictures taken.  
the fact is the navy has some, and cant spell.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 5:00:35 AM EDT
[#11]
in the pics it looks like they dont even know how to shoulder the ar
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 5:41:51 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
in the pics it looks like they dont even know how to shoulder the ar

Let up on the girl.  The friggin Reflex makes you lift your head like a gobbler looking for feather'd pussy.  The bench was probably set up for use and left that way by the actual evals.

The guy isn't even mounted yet and his form looks good for someone taking instruction.

I'm most likely wrong.  I only taught the M40A1... in the dirt.  

Dave S
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 6:23:20 AM EDT
[#13]
I'm active duty Navy, have been for 17 years.  I'm stationed in the Tidewater area of VA.

I'm not in small arms professionally, I'm in aviation.  Like every branch of the service, we test things all the time, usually because some manufacturer provided the parts and service and asked us to evaluate their product, free of charge, hoping for that BIG .mil contract.

We actually adopt and buy very little of what we test in the grand scheme of things.  So they're shooting a few Beowulfs, the guys out here at Dam Neck have been shooting things for years that most normal humans only dream about.  I was all hyped about my new .458 SOCOM a few years ago, and one of my shooting buddies (true operator) replied "ho hum!"

Photographers Mates usually are only called in for feel good PR.  They ALL like to think that they're combat camera men, but the reality is that almost 50% of them are in squadrons manning up the photo recon pods that we use on or aircraft, far, far away from any action!  They jump at the chance to put on cammies and arm up their tactical Nikons!

Tom  
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 8:14:31 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

We actually adopt and buy very little of what we test in the grand scheme of things.  So they're shooting a few Beowulfs, the guys out here at Dam Neck have been shooting things for years that most normal humans only dream about.  I was all hyped about my new .458 SOCOM a few years ago, and one of my shooting buddies (true operator) replied "ho hum!"

There are actually a few .458s in your exact "neck" of the woods (or was the beach?)
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 3:41:21 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I was all hyped about my new .458 SOCOM a few years ago, and one of my shooting buddies (true operator) replied "ho hum!"
Tom  

I am sure he had some other words than "ho hum!". I would love to hear the true operators opinions and feelings on the 458socom.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 5:03:29 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I was all hyped about my new .458 SOCOM a few years ago, and one of my shooting buddies (true operator) replied "ho hum!"
Tom  

I am sure he had some other words than "ho hum!". I would love to hear the true operators opinions and feelings on the 458socom.

Yes, he did, much positive things to say.  That was his reaction to the "new" part!  I'm sure Marty and Tony have gotten some of the feedback.  I'll just leave it to mutual respect about one man's opinions shared in confidence and let the parents of the 458 tell us what they've heard!  (Very positive, I'm sure, if what they've heard matches what I've heard!)

Tom  
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 1:55:30 PM EDT
[#17]
Geez, you guys are rough!

So they let the photographers shoot the Beowulf a couple times and took a few pictures...BFD!!!!

From this thread you'd think they were trying to fake the lunar landing.
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top