Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/15/2006 7:39:16 PM EDT
Hi guys,
first off, if this has been asked b4 please forgive me and point me to the correct link. Thnx.

I am very interested in 308 AR type but would like to know what is the difference b/t the 2 lowers in regard to lower receiver parts?

Can I (or will it work correctly) use a DPMS AP4 upper on an AR10 80% lower if some modification is necessary to use the DPMS mag?

Is the magwell differ on the DPMS / SR-25 than on AR10?

I know AR10 uses the m14 mag design while DPMS uses the DPMS 308 / SR-25 style mag.

Please let me know as I would like to plan some project and future work.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 3:22:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 6:00:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Randall,
the rear radius on the 80% lower can be milled w/o a problem...

I guess my main concern now is the magwell / mag catch: whether or not I can modify it to work w/ DPMS / SR25 mag.?  

Is the mag catch on the DPMS lower similar to AR10 / AR15?

I DO NOT plan on using this w/ ARmalite's AR10 if I can go DPMS 308 upper route.
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top