Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/9/2006 5:23:48 PM EDT
From Arne Brennan at the SHOT show:

"Day one of SHOT is drawing to a close. The Grendel is all over many booths getting a lot of exposure.

I can tell you the Tactical 16 uppers will have a street price of $580.00.

The Sabre rifles run from a base MSRP of $1559 up to $2280. All sport a hard chrome lined chrome moly 14.5" barrel. They have an optional muzzle brake as well.

We told you there was going to be a lot happening, hope you guys like what you are seeing, The 6.5 Grendel is now offered in AR's by

Alexander Arms
Competition Shooting Sports
Sabre Defense
DPMS

Who knows, XXXXXXXX may come on the list (did I say that),,,

Lets not forget, y'all now have 25 round magazines and Wolf Ammo will be here just in time for letting loose this summer. Independant reports (other then Wolf) have told me that the company actually making the brass for Wolf turns out an impressive product that exceeds the quality of what Winchester turns out. If Wolf loaded ammo sells for 25 cents a round, maybe we might have brass at 10-12 cents a piece... should make the highpower shooters happy to have a cartridge that can shoot 600 yards with ease with brass at the same price as WW .223...

2006,,, the year of the Grendel"

Let's see how she runs
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 7:09:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Can't wait for that cheap ammo!
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 4:56:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Tell us more!! What are the DPMS uppers like?  Any 20" models?
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 6:52:16 PM EDT
[#3]
I have to agree, with the new cheaper ammo coming online and the price of complete uppers coming down. It is now viable for me to finish my SPR project.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 7:39:31 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Tell us more!! What are the DPMS uppers like?  Any 20" models?

JIM', I don't have any insider info, I'm just sharing what I'm getting from the Arne's postings, BUUUT... I read somewhere earlier today (I'll be darned if I can find it now) that Arne stated they will be offering a 20" tactical model this year once the 14.5" and 16" uppers start shipping. I haven't seen anything yet on the DPMS specs - although I did ask Arne for them myself.

The ammo arrangement with Wolf sure does seem to be the holy-grail of solutions. The mags sure sound promising too. 25 round stainless steel with CS springs and MP followers!! HK's stainless AR mags are, what, $55 or so now? Check out what Arne posted in regards to the new Grendel mags:

(snip)..."However, dont be a twit, CP products is offering a SHOT order special for $22.95 each... Go to their website and order them,,, the special is over Sunday. If you cancel your order with CSS.com, I wont be offended,,, take advantage of the manufacturer giving a launch deal.

www.cproductsllc.com

I have been busy making the rounds of other booths. People are very excited about the 6.5 Grendel expansion with multiple key manufacturers, high capacity magazines and of course, the Wolf ammo which will be hard for the "other" cartridge to compete against. Even if someone made the "other" ammo for $12.00 a box, the Wolf ammo will be 50% less in cost... it price competitive with low cost .223 Rem."

At that price, I just bought several. After Sunday, I'm thinking I'd be sorry I didn't!
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 8:14:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Well wouldn't you know it, I just finished up my 6.8 project so WTF, now I can start a 6.5 project and have both.  I think this time though I will actually stick with two uppers for one lower.  Safe getting mighty low on room!
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top