Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/5/2006 10:51:34 AM EDT
When I release the bolt catch and the ammo tries to go into battery, it gets jammed
The ammo will not fully get into the chamber and the bolt can't lock in.  I have to pull back the charger and let it slam back in several times to get the bolt to lock in.  It will jam after 2 or 3 shots too.
Is it the mag?
What should I do?
Please help
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 10:54:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Bend the feed lips on the mag a little more open at the front edge of them.  Also clean the chamber well and make sure there is no burrs at the barrel extension/feed ramp.  My Beowulf wore out the stock mag spring within 100 rounds.  I now use 20 rounder and I add the Wolff +10% XP springs and open up the feed lips a little.  Reliability now is 100%.  

I also removed my barrel from the upper receiver and polished the feed ramp of the barrel extension to a like chrome appearance.  I added a Wolff XP M4 extractor spring as well.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 12:46:34 PM EDT
[#2]
thanks
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 8:51:17 PM EDT
[#3]
mine runs 2x buffer spring and mags with wolff + springs
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top