Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/4/2006 5:27:47 PM EDT
I am wanting to build a AR 15 in .204 caliber. I would like a super accurate setup, thinking of going with a 24-26" barrel from AR15barrels.com and building the gun myself.

My question is, do the .204 ruger AR's use standard AR15 .223 parts? Like the bolt/upper/magazine? Anything you have to modify? Tell me everything I need to know about a .204 ruger AR.

Thanks,
Josh
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 8:31:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Have a .204 barrel for an MGI rig here and the bolt and mag are all .223......So change the barrel and shoot away.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 9:10:02 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Have a .204 barrel for an MGI rig here and the bolt and mag are all .223......So change the barrel and shoot away.

AWSOME! Thanks, I thought that from what I had read before that the barrel was the only thing different than a .223

I have contacted AR15barrels.com to see about getting the barrel.

Is it sad that today the final part for my beowulf came in, and this evening I bought another lower to start yet another project?
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:58:49 AM EDT
[#3]
I understand all too well.  Just finished a rifle and now I have two others in the works.  My wife is going to leave me...I just know it.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 4:28:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Check out White Oak for a barrel.  Made from a Pac-Nor blank and considerably cheaper.
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top