Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/1/2006 9:16:26 AM EDT
I have owned a DPMS Panther LR .308 24" for a couple of years and still like as much (or more) as when I first got it and realized its superb accuracy, and since I started using the steel magazines, I have had no problems to speak of.

Now I am considering buying/ordering the .308 AP4 carbine from R&R Arms, in Bemidji, MN (to ship to my FFL dealer).

Has anyone one dealt with R&R? Your experience?

Thanks

Alex
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 11:14:10 AM EDT
[#1]
I see you are from MO. as I am, I emailed CMMG about the AP4, but they had none in stock, but maybe later this week they will have them. Thought this might help you out, across the counter I think is always better......
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 8:37:19 PM EDT
[#2]
dont know what kinda prices you guys gettin.
www.rguns.net/009_24.html
check other posts about the AP4.  someone said they were gettin them for cheap.  something like the final option or something like that.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 3:59:10 AM EDT
[#3]
OldLion:
Yes, I agree better in person. I did stop by CMMG first, but their prices (when they have the AP4) are higher and the sales tax is more than S&H + transfer fee.

infsqdldr: good lead, a few dollars cheaper - will look into it. Thanks
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 5:04:38 PM EDT
[#4]
I bought a 24" from R&R last year, and everything went very smoothly.  I was very wary about buying a rifle from someone on the net, but after talking to them I felt a lot better about it.  After recieving the rifle as ordered and in the time they said it would take, I was very happy I did it.  The one "dealer" listed on DPMS' site close to me wanted to order one and charge me full retail...ain't going to happen.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 6:40:01 AM EDT
[#5]
 When I was ready to buy mine I called to make sure they had it in stock. The guy said they did & maybe a week later it was at my FFL ready to pick up. I thought I'd gotten a good price on the rifle plus they paid the transfer fee, not a bad deal at all. I'd buy from R&R again.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 10:18:36 AM EDT
[#6]
I got a DPMS 24" from R&R last year.  They were great to buy from, easy to communicate with, and had the answers to all my questions.  I've bought parts from them since then with no hitches.  Good folks to work with.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 3:21:52 PM EDT
[#7]
• I have contacted R-Guns, as was suggested earlier, but have not been able to get a definitive answer yet; just told to 'call tomorrow' three days in a row.

• Unfortunately, after my initial contact and follow up with R&R, they have not provided any additional information either, in spite of the fact that I filled out their 'registration' form and sent them the required documents.

But I'll keep trying...

Alex
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 8:21:26 AM EDT
[#8]
Well, after three e-mails, two replies, and four phone calls, all I have been getting from R-Guns is the run around. The first e-mail said that they were expecting AP4's in two days.

Accordingly, I called them last Saturday, Tuesday, Thursday, and today, with all basically the same results:

A: I would like to buy a DPMS 308 AP4, and I understand you just received some.
R-G: Are you a dealer?
A: No, but there is a gun shop nearby that will gladly handle the transaction, and are ready to send you their FFL.
R-G: We didn't received them yet, but call us tomorrow - we should have some then, and we'll get the details.
A: OK

I don't think that they have a clue as to when they will get any more AP4's.
I believe I'll give up on them.

Alex
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top