Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/25/2006 8:42:50 AM EDT
Who currently makes serviceable dies for reloading the .458 Socom? Have any other major manufacturers jumped on the bandwagon? I know that this topic has been covered before, but before I commit money to a new rifle project, I want to be sure that I can do some high-quality reloads. Has anyone reloaded Socom ammo on a pregressive press yet? I'm thinking of upgrading to a Hornady progressive.

I'm relatively new to this websight, and I've found that it's an invaluable tool to anyone interested in the AR-15/10 or AK. I will be building (or partially building) a Socom 20-inch rifle soon. I was overjoyed when I first learned of a semi-auto capable of shooting .458 diameter bullets! But I really want to get the reloading process going before I sink money into more firearms.....thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 8:44:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Lee Or CH4D.  I believe both outfits will need a phone call in order to confirm.

Graf & Sons had brass last I saw.

Read this thread:

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=121&t=248294

Talk with Marty ter Weeme when you are done.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 9:13:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the Information!
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 7:02:39 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Lee Or CH4D.  I believe both outfits will need a phone call in order to confirm.

Graf & Sons had brass last I saw.

Read this thread:

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=121&t=248294

Talk with Marty ter Weeme when you are done.

Try to drop in when I can.  Work keeps getting in the way ....
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 5:22:38 AM EDT
[#4]
 I used a Piggyback on my Rock Chucker and found it to be kind of a PITA so I added another Rock Chucker to the bench and a small Lee that gets used for bullet seating and crimping.
 This is the only caliber that I reload, and all the dies stay set up. I feel that this gives me more control and is about as quick as a progressive. Just my .02
 Also, I use  Lee dies but the bullet seater that comes with them is wrong, you'll need one for a 44Mag. I think some here have had complaints with CH4D dies. The Lee dies are quite inexpensive if they are in stock, but you'll have to call them and ask. The web site dosen't list them.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 5:26:45 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I ordered dies from C-H about a month ago. Lee no longer has the dies and I don't think they plan on making anymore, anytime soon.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 5:32:08 AM EDT
[#6]
 Lee charges a $150 set up fee. Thats for 1 set or 100 sets.
 RCBS will make a set pretty reasonably if I remember right.
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top