Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/23/2006 9:12:16 AM EDT
I have been kicking around the 308 AR but cant seem to decide which one to go with any suggestions?  Should I wait for the Rock River or is there already really good one avaiable?
I'm looking at a full length and maybe a carbine version.
Thanks,
Mike
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 9:17:11 AM EDT
[#1]
I hear less complaints about Rock River than I do DPMS which is still fewer than Armalites....

Link Posted: 1/23/2006 9:19:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Hokie, Thats good to hear, I dont know why but I have never been a fan of DPMS. I dont even have a reason just some of their stuff I saw once did not impress me enough to buy it.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 9:20:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Stoner Knights
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 9:24:26 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Hokie, Thats good to hear, I dont know why but I have never been a fan of DPMS. I dont even have a reason just some of their stuff I saw once did not impress me enough to buy it.

That may also be attributed to more Armalites being in circulation than DPMS ... so take that with a grain of salt.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 3:14:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Could it be that there are less complaints about Rock River 308's because they haven't hit the market yet?

I like my DPMS and haven't had a problem yet.  
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 3:21:52 PM EDT
[#6]
The best?

A custom Armalite AR-10 worked over by someone who knows what they are doing.

The price of the rifle + the price of the work will come in UNDER the price of a KAC.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 4:59:48 AM EDT
[#7]
don't buy the bushmaster-they have discontinued it, but it is still available here and there. they had problems with the rifle you can't rely on them. in fact, I wouldn't buy anything bushmaster makes after my experience with their 308- the way they handled this indicates to me that the company lacks integrity.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 5:55:00 AM EDT
[#8]
If you can afford it KAC's MK11 MOD0 (SR25) I've shot every 308 AR based rifle and hands down it is the best period.

Having said that Armalites are very good too and bang for the buck I would go with them.
But if you will only settle for the best go with the KAC.

IMHO

"Fire for effect"
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 1:35:41 PM EDT
[#9]
i got in today rock river arms new catalog and low and behold what do i see an ar that takes fal mags.

the most expensive 1 being 1350.

go here to this link look towards bottom of page.

ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=121&t=263623&page=2
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top