Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/19/2006 2:18:58 PM EDT
I'm about to build a rifle and have chosen the .204 Ruger cartridge to be my new varmint slayer. I know White Oak Armament and Les Baer offer these. Does anyone have any experience or know anything that could present a problem? I plan on building it on a left handed Stag upper with a custom engraved lower receiver and using a White Oak Armament 22" barrel.I was told that the Stag LH upper requires a special barrel extension. Also looking to have the complete gun and scope dipped in Realtree 3D camo. Can anyone recommend a shop that dips weapons? I want Realtree Camo....not a duracoat painted gun.Any and all help appreciated!!!
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 11:18:37 AM EDT
[#1]
00bullet

I'm new to AR15.com but am also strongly considering the 204 Ruger.  By the way Tromix also offers a 204 Upper or complete firearm.  I've never owned an AR so am new to the game and can't comment on your other questions, although I'm very interested in the answers.

What barrel length are you considering for your varmint rifle?  Seems like the 24" would make the most of the 204 Ruger velocitiy capabilities, but I'm a little concerned about the weight.  Like I said, I'm just getting started with AR's and certianly have a lot to learn, but I think an AR in 204 Ruger would be the optimum platform for wacking Coyotes & Bobcats.

firstshot
-------------------------------------
Make your first shot count!
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 4:42:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Its now in the works. Barrel was ordered from Randall Rausch at AR15barrels.com. Its going to be a Douglas Match Stainless in 20",Contour will be SPR. Having a custom lower milled and engraved by ILIKEMOPAR. It will be caliber specific and have a custom serial number and logo. Trigger will be the Chip McCormick two stage. Magpul PRS stock. Barrel will be mated to a DPMS LoPro left handed upper with matching bolt carrier group. Forend is going to be a DD 12.0 with a PRi lo profile gas block. I will mount a Leupold PRS 3.5-14x50 with custom reticle in a set of Xtra high Warne QD rings. To finsih the whole package off,I'm going to send it to Advanced Coatings for their Realtree Grey camo dip. Can't wait to get my new Varmint Slayer up and running. Oh Yeah......gotta have a Harris Bipod up front too.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 7:27:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Here is a .204 Ruger AR.

MGI modified by Teppo Jutsu
Tromix Barrel - 20"

HG extension railed out to handle light and laser.  Pic with Aimpoint and Variable scope.  Did not mount bipod prior to pic.  But it is sweet with it.  Will head it out to the range this weekend.

& hey...do not hate on the DuraCoat.  Have not had a chance to do this gun yet, but there are many options for the stuff vs what you see on their website!!!
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top