Posted: 1/2/2006 8:21:58 PM EDT

Link Posted: 1/2/2006 8:23:15 PM EDT
[#1]

Link Posted: 1/2/2006 8:25:56 PM EDT
[#2]
thanks for the post!!!!
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 11:59:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Cool, chop-mod on the A2 looks pretty good.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 6:55:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks man.  I cut it and then braced the butt with expanded steel and then after ruffing it all up inside - I filled it with accraglass gel embedded with atomized bronze.  I filled the entire butt end and just under the buffer tube area to give it some heft.  Then I used a truck bed liner and textured it with some extra blast media I had laying on the ground.  Then duracoated over it with the green I had plus a little flexible additive they sell so it is not so rigid.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 6:48:13 PM EDT
[#5]
nice lookin gun roc!
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 7:51:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks "COLD".  Been a while.  You going to shot this year???
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 11:00:50 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Thanks "COLD".  Been a while.  You going to shot this year???

As a matter of fact, im going yet again, i was there last year, IN the Teppo Jutsu booth with Marty and the gang.  I believe I sold you my spare LCW paint and goodies last spring, or am I mistaken.!?! Anyways, My 458 is going with me to shot and might be in the booth with the 458 gang yet again...maybe I could have you give me an estimate on the paint job I have been wanting to get for it...I wanted a purple and yellow paint scheem.  No JOKE. I really do, to go along the lines of one of my favortie comic book super (anti) heroes

<------------buddy icon

anyways, do you do others rifles and what does a full gun, plus optic and mags run a guy? feel free to PM ME
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 4:16:53 AM EDT
[#8]
We are scrambling to get a job done (personal weapon) to be shown at Shot for NIC Industries.  It is a 500P that Marty did and I am to do it in a new camo job.  Should be interesting.  See the test plates in the pics behind the rifle, I believe I am doing the pattern that is second on the far right.  Am tweaking the colors of course since this was only a test plate and some felt the blue was too loud.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 10:55:00 AM EDT
[#9]
Where'd you get that hand guard?  It's slick!  
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 7:05:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Long story with a short answer.  I saw one at a gun show in Fort Worth and it clicked - it was massive and had a possitive grip and weighed down the front of my .458 - I had to have it.  But, they did not have it in rifle length.  Damn.  So I said I would get it next show.  The guy never had anymore.  I looked and looked.  Saw one on a rifle in the Big Town show and the guy said it was custom and he did not know where to find them...BS.  So I called Marty (google extradinare) and he called me back with the place.....do not laugh at the price either...cheap but functional.

www.tacticalgears.com
it is around $45.00 + s/h and comes in carbine length.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 6:16:10 PM EDT
[#11]
What bolt does the 458 SOCOM use?

srt205
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 8:08:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Marty at Teppo would be the man to get with on that.  I recall at one time know this tidbit of info reguarding rim size of the case and the bolt face, etc....but hell now I just pull the trigger and enjoy the big bang!
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 4:34:56 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
What bolt does the 458 SOCOM use?

srt205

We make our own, bolt, extractor and ejector all need modified.  RRA will be making them from the ground up.  Rim size is same as .308.  Will post later about why and the benefits (customer loaded about 20% too much powder ....)
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 10:36:35 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Long story with a short answer.  I saw one at a gun show in Fort Worth and it clicked - it was massive and had a possitive grip and weighed down the front of my .458 - I had to have it.  But, they did not have it in rifle length.  Damn.  So I said I would get it next show.  The guy never had anymore.  I looked and looked.  Saw one on a rifle in the Big Town show and the guy said it was custom and he did not know where to find them...BS.  So I called Marty (google extradinare) and he called me back with the place.....do not laugh at the price either...cheap but functional.

www.tacticalgears.com
it is around $45.00 + s/h and comes in carbine length.

That's so cool!  Thanks!  

Rifle Length Triangular HG

Carbine Length Triangular HG  

Does it have a built-in rail on bottom or did you drill and bolt the BP on?  
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 12:28:56 PM EDT
[#15]
I drilled the hole and used the Harris Bipod adaptor (bar type) inside of the FFT. I had to file off a little of the nut so it would tighten up properly. I was sure to lock-tight the darned thing too.

Well, I finally got this thing to the range today.  It has been around 4 months since I fired it and started breaking it down to work on it and refinish it.

I put a box of CorBon through it and she is on at 50 yards.  1" high and a tight group - all edges touching.  She did awsome.

I also put some rounds through the 500 Phantom AR-15 Protype that I picked up from Marty.

All I can say is:  500 Phantom AR-15 = BMF

There were about 10 people on the 50 yard range line and I popped the first shot.  All was quiet afterwards - as I looked up everyone was starring at me.  No bull crap.  I put two more rounds through it.  It hit the backboard so hard at 50 yards that it broke the top 2x4 of the target frame.

That was festive.  But even more so as I got home and changed clothes - I have a nice grill mark on my right shoulder from my A2 stock's buttplate.  Festive.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 5:32:02 PM EDT
[#16]
sounds like a 7.62 bolt will work.

Thanks,
srt205
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 9:01:19 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
sounds like a 7.62 bolt will work.

Thanks,
srt205

Uhh, I should have been more precise.  7.62 x 51 size, not 7.62 x 39.  Thus the currently available bolts (7.62 x39) from Colt and others will NOT work.  And thus the reason we make them custom ...
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 3:35:12 AM EDT
[#18]
Thanks MartytW.
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top