Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/29/2005 11:15:29 AM EDT
I had a hoot 2 days ago shooting my newly broken in 24" DPMS.  (Thank God the break-in is over)  I used several kinds of factory ammo during break in.  As recommended here, the Fed Match and Black Hills with 168 SMK's worked very well with right a 1 moa accuracy.  Federal American Eagle and Remington Core Loc did ok with around 2 moa.  Everything fed perfectly be it 1 or 20 rounds in the mag, exept for cheap PMC stuff.  I don't know what was wrong with it, but it wasn't feeding at all after a shot.  No prob using the charging handle, but I won't be buying any more PMC.

Anywho, went out and set the gong up a 550 yards.  The gong is probably 14"X18".  The wind wasn't too bad, quartering from the right at 5-10mph.  It took a few shots to dial in the scope in as this was the first time at that range.  After that I could consistantly hit the gong with either brand of the match ammo.  (I think I missed 1 time out of 10 shots)  My buddies wanted to shoot it, and I'm cheap so I let them shoot the Fed American Eagle.  It shot surprisingly well...not as good but dang sure good enough to plink with.  Also, this was the first time that I saw the bullet trace going down range.  I don't know what that is actually called, but it is bas ass to watch.  

I'm more than impressed with the rifle.  I'm thinkin' with time, as the barrel smooths out,
it will only shoot better.  The best part was taking a second shot before you hear the sound of the first shot hitting the gong.  
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 6:56:44 PM EDT
[#1]
If you hit a 500 yard target with a 24" barrel in .308- something most of us do with most of our weapons let us know when you hit 1000 yard targets. Just curious to see how it groups.

Creeper

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top