Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/17/2005 5:17:14 PM EDT
This is the remake of the 24" Beowulf Overmatch with the help of Tony Rumore. Had the factory brake removed and had Tony put one of his brakes put on and had him polish the stainless barrel. Also had the FF handguard removed and added a Accuracy speaks 2 1/4" handguard installed. Not an easy task to remove the factory stuff as they use Loctite on everthing. Tony had to cut or machine the brake and handguard off. I have since changed the handguard again with a White Oak FF Handguard.
The first picture is the stock Beo. I also had the 16" which I sold.

Thanks again for a great job Tony Rumore. I get many compliments at the range.

Link Posted: 12/17/2005 7:35:53 PM EDT
[#1]
it looks like you bubble level is off compared to the turrets, is the reticle in line? just curious.

what mod is that done to the stock, the rod connecting to the grip?
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 1:21:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Tony does first class work.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 9:34:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Why did you change it? It looked good stock.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 12:31:08 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
it looks like you bubble level is off compared to the turrets, is the reticle in line? just curious.

what mod is that done to the stock, the rod connecting to the grip?

You're right. I never really looked from the bussiness end before. I'll have to correct it in the next range visit. The modification to the stock with the rod helps when using sand bags to elevate the butt end on the bench. Also when shoot prone with a bipod griping the rod with the free hand making horizontal adjustments are made easier. I modified the stock that was purchased from BM. JP Enterprises also sells this stock modified.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 12:38:16 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Why did you change it? It looked good stock.

Well, everyone see things differently. I myself didn't like the small diameter hangaurd. So I changed it for the 2 1/4" dia.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 7:13:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Is that a stock A.A. barrel that has been threaded or how is  brake installed?
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 9:17:27 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Is that a stock A.A. barrel that has been threaded or how is  brake installed?

Tony Rumore of Tromx did the barrel work on the Beo barrel. Had it treaded and polished. The AA brake had to be machined off.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 4:10:38 PM EDT
[#8]
I have stock barrel  with no brake. Can you take brake it off and on now?
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 1:30:07 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

The brake is very easy to take off. It is threaded with purple loctite which is light strength. You have the idea situation without a factory brake. Tony Romore can do it for you:http://www.tromix.com His prices are very reasonable.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 3:39:15 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The brake is very easy to take off. It is threaded with purple loctite which is light strength. You have the idea situation without a factory brake. Tony Romore can do it for you:http://www.tromix.com His prices are very reasonable.

He threaded my Beowulf and put on an A1-style flash hider. FIRST CLASS work. I highly recommend him.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 12:29:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Were is thr pic?
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top