Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/15/2005 6:30:52 PM EDT
I just finished up this little gem for my dad for Christmas this year.  I ended up welding up the entire magazine well and remachined it for the Desert Eagle magazine profile.  Remachined the bolt and extractor, made a new barrel, gas block, piston, and modified the recoil spring system.  I increased the diameter and stroke of the gas piston to compensate for the heavier recoil system that was required to strip the rounds from the DE magazines.  It was way too much work, but as a one-off gift for my father......well worth the time.

http://www.hunt101.com/showphoto.php?photo=354656&sort=7&thecat=500&password=

I am not a computer guy.  Maybe one of you guys can make this link hot for me....thanks.

Tony Rumore
Tromix Corp

Link Posted: 12/15/2005 6:40:15 PM EDT
[#1]
10mm I like it

Link Posted: 12/16/2005 7:06:09 AM EDT
[#2]
That is great....now can you make it take glock 20 mags?.... :)

That should be a nice soft shooter with lots of whack out of the business end
if it can handle all of double tap's loads including those bear tooths...

This will be one heck of a little shooter...

Tell your pop anytime he wants to trade kids let me know...I could even kick in a few boxes
of double taps...

www.doubletapammo.com/php/catalog/index.php

On second thought ask your pop if he wants to trade the M1 carbine for a couple of kids and a case of double tap
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 10:21:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Wow Tony, you never fail to impress.

I am curious about some M1 carbine conversion issues. Mind if I aska few quick questions?

Are you planning to offer any M1 carbine conversions as a regular offering? If so which ones?

I would be interested in one in, 10mm Auto,  .44 Mag or .502 TS. I know you have built one of the .502TS, but are you willing to build more?

BTW, how is the mag catch on the one you built holding up under all that recoil over time? I wonder if an M2 style trigger guard/mag catch and M2 mags (they have a a beefed up mag catch on both the gun and the mag itself for the M2) might help, even if you had to cut down some M2 mags, it would be worth it.

Do you think it would be possible to do one in 10mm Auto that would take a double stack mag like a para-ordnance or Glock 20 mag?

I'm sure that it would be quite possible to do one in 10mm Auto using single stack 1911 mags.

Lastly, what about short barrelled (NFA/SBR) versions?
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 11:54:55 AM EDT
[#4]
I have no plans to do any M1 Carbine conversions for sale...they just take way too much time.
I spent about 20 hours on the 10mm Magnum conversion.  I would have to charge $1,000 to do the conversion on a customer's gun, and it's just not worth that kind of money.

I TiG welded two small tits on the back of the DE mag to hold it in place.  It works just fine.

I am sure an SBR could be done as well as other calibers, but it would be costly and I have other business that I need to get done.

I wasn't trying to solicit sales here, just sharing a personal toy that I built.

Link Posted: 12/17/2005 10:11:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Baby boomer have bucks...and as an aging population light wt. firearms, with low recoil, that still
have lots of whallop at the muzzle might just be some great sellers...

I know that once my arthritits and a few bad discs from old injuries started taken their toll
I have had to re-evaluate all my firearm needs..

I remember thirty five years ago sitting around with some Vietnam vet buddies wishing outloud
for a 44 mag in such a package...but i gotta tell ya that 10 MM of yours sure looks like just the ticket.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 6:35:26 PM EDT
[#6]
TonyRumore: That is pretty good, a little mental excercise on can you do it or not.  Unfortunately it is not commerically feasible.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 8:18:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Shizam
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top