Gave the SR-25 a minor facelift today.

Before

Now
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 6:23:32 PM EDT
[#1]
That bitch is HAWT
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 6:25:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Hey, Painter, you ever been "Danger Close"?
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 9:17:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 6:20:10 AM EDT
[#4]
That thing is bad ass for sure, very nice.......
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 11:19:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Really Nice!

How about a run down on the mechanicals?

What type of Railed Handguard is that?

Thanks, Good Luck,
"Capt Richardson"
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 11:22:54 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Really Nice!

Thanks, Good Luck,
"Capt Richardson"

Capt Richardson, your first name wouldn't begin with a P, would it?
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 1:04:19 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Really Nice!

Thanks, Good Luck,
"Capt Richardson"

KMC rail and BUIS. I have been searching for these parts awhile. All Knights.

The scope is a Kahles ZF84, came with the rifle, but I don't know much about it. Does anyone?

Link Posted: 12/11/2005 7:02:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Modog,
The name would actually be Mike Richardson, prior service Army. Do you know a prior/active service "P" Richardson?  Lot of Richardsons floating around out there. There were actually 3 other Richardsons at Ft Drum, and 2 other Richardsons at Ft Campbell that I knew of when I was there (87-93).

Clippen,
Glad to see that you have been able to build a KAC rig. I wish KAC was a little more "civi end user friendly", but availability and price are both big issues. Oh well, I would rather know the brothers who are in harms way are getting the SASS because I know they need it and it could be a life saver for them. I am no longer in harms way every day, so I really can't complain. I am pretty happy with my DPMS, but maybe one day I will also be able to add a KAC to the collection. So how were you lucky enough to get ahold of your SR-25?

Happy Holidays and Shooting to all,
"Capt Richardson"
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 7:31:14 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Modog,
The name would actually be Mike Richardson, prior service Army. Do you know a prior/active service "P" Richardson?  Lot of Richardsons floating around out there. There were actually 3 other Richardsons at Ft Drum, and 2 other Richardsons at Ft Campbell that I knew of when I was there (87-93).

Clippen,
Glad to see that you have been able to build a KAC rig. I wish KAC was a little more "civi end user friendly", but availability and price are both big issues. Oh well, I would rather know the brothers who are in harms way are getting the SASS because I know they need it and it could be a life saver for them. I am no longer in harms way every day, so I really can't complain. I am pretty happy with my DPMS, but maybe one day I will also be able to add a KAC to the collection. So how were you lucky enough to get ahold of your SR-25?

Happy Holidays and Shooting to all,
"Capt Richardson"

Capt R- I wish KMC was more civi- friendly as well. I doubt prices will ever change but hopefully availibility might someday. I picked up this rifle right here on the EE. Another member here (who also built a similar rig) directed me to a dealer for the parts I recently added. Just Luck I guess. I agree that those who's life depends on it, in harms way, deserve of the good stuff. It seems like even they are having alot of trouble getting what they need. That is both agrivating and hard to believe. God Bless the troops.
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 9:20:42 PM EDT
[#10]
How about a couple shots of that front sight in action
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 8:30:53 AM EDT
[#11]
I had a 6x zf84 on my sr-25.  I sold my sr-25 last year.  My zf84 was turned into an aquarium by huricanne Katrina.  

That pic brings back fond memories....

JR1572
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 7:13:42 PM EDT
[#12]
jr1572-

Sucks to hear you crossed paths with Katrina. and you sold your stoner. Did you like that scope?
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 5:34:06 AM EDT
[#13]
I need to upgrade my SR-25 in the same manner.  I was going to send it to KMC who said they would do it but then they said not to because at the time they were all jammed up with military work.  I have never seen the parts available seperately.  Did you just happenchance across rails that someone was parting out or what?
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 6:43:35 AM EDT
[#14]
Yes, finding the parts separately is dam near impossible.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 6:52:58 AM EDT
[#15]
Sweet Bro

You could attach a weather vain to your 25 and it would still look good.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 8:07:23 PM EDT
[#16]
Nice SR
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 12:09:08 AM EDT
[#17]
Yeah...It look's like another board members rifle does'nt?
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 4:53:44 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Yeah...It look's like another board members rifle does'nt?

Link Posted: 12/18/2005 5:08:55 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Nice SR

Thanks, I remember seeing you post a 20" if I recall.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 6:05:48 AM EDT
[#20]
You recall correctly
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top