Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/1/2005 6:55:09 PM EDT
 I would like some input on a rifle please. I have the chance to buy an Armalite AR50 with the 50 minute scope base and a scope that I do not know what it is for 2300.00, would you buy it? Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 9:59:02 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
 I would like some input on a rifle please. I have the chance to buy an Armalite AR50 with the 50 minute scope base and a scope that I do not know what it is for 2300.00, would you buy it? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

How many rounds? If it has a Lupy or better scope then hell yeah. If its any other scope- it hasnt/wont last long then maybe, depends on what its been through. They are great fun and very accurate. Mine will shoot sub moa with milsurp brass and amaxs.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 11:23:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Thank You TaylorWSO, IT comes with 50 rounds of comp ammo and it has only had 30 rounds down the pipe and I would rate it at 99% just because it has been fired. I think it is a Lupy scope. Thanks again for your input.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 10:52:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Jump on it.
The rifle usually sells for 2500 to 2600+
Add $500 to $1000 for the Leupold depending on which model.
Hopefully it is a MK4 or a Vari-X III LR which are all sold as MK4 now.

Randall
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 11:27:27 AM EDT
[#4]
That is a decent price if the scope is a Leupold.  I have the VXIII LR 8.5-25 on my AR-50 and it has held up with no problems for over 400 rounds now.  If it is a Nightforce or Mk 4 Leupold, then jump on it like a duck on a Junebug because the scope alone is worth between $1000-$15000.
Even if the scope is a junk scope it still is not a bad price at $2300.  I paid $2100 for my AR-50 new so you can see, it has been a while since I got mine (1st. generation AR-50).  With the MSRP at almost $2900 now and the street price not too far from MSRP, then $2300 isn't doing too badly.
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top