Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/30/2005 3:38:21 PM EDT
Hey guys, i have recently gotten into AR's and since then have 3 setups, now its time for a beowulf...but i have some questions on the legal stuff. Since i live in "good old" New York, there are many bans and regulations on everything. So I was wondering if New York(long Island) has any bans or stuff like that on the .50 beowulf. And if it is ok to shoot it, do most ranges(EX: Calverton) let you shoot it at there facilities.
Thanks,
Sorry if these questions may seem ridicilous, but im not up on the legal BS(besides post/pre ban stuff)
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 12:09:13 PM EDT
[#1]
other than the muzzle device i dont see any problem as far as the caliber goes.
but of course dont quote me since i live in tx and dont know what your limits are in ny
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 12:41:40 PM EDT
[#2]
MasterC , you might want to post this in the hometown - NY forum , to get some answers .
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 12:47:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Yea, i just did  thanks
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 12:53:02 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
MasterC , you might want to post this in the hometown - NY forum , to get some answers .

yeah that. forgot about the hometown
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 11:31:38 AM EDT
[#5]
There is currently a bill before the NYS Senate (A4471) that would ban all weapons .500 cal or larger.  It passed the Assembly in May of this year and is in the Codes committee of the Senate.  The bill, if voted into law, would require the State to buy back any prohibited weapon.  The manner in which it is written does not appear to exempt shotguns (just muzzleloaders).  It is written as if to ban .50 BMG because of it's "dangerous nature" but is really an attempt to ban a whole lotta stuff (.500 S&W revolvers, .50 Beowulf, .50 Alaskan, .505 Gibbs and so on as well as shotguns).  If it passed I think that NYS would go bankrupt buying back expensive weapons.  I love my Beowulf, but I am watching this closely.  John
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top