Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/16/2005 6:10:42 PM EDT
Getting ready to order my Beowulf, but could use some pro's and con's to help decide.
It's going to be the OVERMATCH UPPER or the PRECISION UPPER.
Would really like to hear from people who have them and know more that I do.
Is the precision upper worth the extra 100$, for a rifle not worth much over 200 yards?

Plan on it being a hike/camp gun primary, with hunting and target secondary. But I also enjoy all the toys that can be used on a free float.

What do ya think?
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 10:51:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Well with the use you posted it was going to be primarily for, I would go with the 16" barrel version.
The over match. You can always go back and add A troy or samson rail if you wanted a front vert grip or something.
But for a hike/camp gun as you specified I'd go with the simplest cheapest route first then upgrade as is necessary or wanted.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 1:40:38 PM EDT
[#2]
why cant you shoot a .50 cal over 200 yrds?
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 1:58:35 PM EDT
[#3]
You can but it's going to start dropping rather quickly and start loosing energy.
The 334jhp's I shoot according to the ballistic chart on Alexanders website drops 11.28" at 200 yards from a 100yd zero.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 7:51:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Went with the Overmatch Upper. There are enough aftermaket parts to change it up later on.
Have to wait about 6-8 weeks for delivery.
Impact guns had the best price. This site is costing me almost as much money as ebay.
Cant wait till it's finished to post my pic!
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 8:22:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Cool!
Can't wait to see it.
It'll be worth the wait!
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 9:13:22 AM EDT
[#6]
great choice
actually dont think there is a bad choice
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top