Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/16/2005 5:45:01 AM EDT
Has any one done a head to head comparison of the DPMS 308 M4 and the AR-10 carbine?  I am thinking of buy one of the two.  Input on which one to buy would be appreciated.  

Thanks in advance
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 10:37:13 AM EDT
[#1]
I am curious about this also. I am in the market for one of these and would like to know how they compare as far as reliability and accuracy. I am leaning towards the Armalite because I like the A2 style upper and sights. But from all I have read, DPMS 308's are very accurate out of the box, more so than the Armalites.

I need a BIG BROTHER for my 5.56 Carbine, LOL!!!
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 9:27:27 PM EDT
[#2]
There are good AR-10's and there are bad ones, there are good DPMS LR308's and there are bad ones.  As for a head to head test of reliability, you are not going to get a magic answer here.  Both do very well and every once in a while you get a piece of shit...yes both Armalite and DPMS honor there warranties and will fix it if you get a piece of shit.  As for accuracy they are only as accurate as the shooter.  If we are taking just straight carbines, They are probably equal, it you are talking target models then they are probably equal.  I own a DPMS LR308, it had a problem with the chamber when I got it, DPMS fixed it in a heart beat, then it ran like a champ...The AR-10 my bud let me borrow, took 3 trips to the range to finally get all the bugs worked out and the thing working in the 95% reliability range.

If you are going to buy one it is going to come down to personal preference.  You just need to pick options and look at cost and make the choice, one isolated review of the "head to head" is not going to mean shit in the long run.

If it was me I would get the DPMS due to the interchangeability with AR-15 parts and they are priced more reasonably, as well as the SR-25 mag usage.

Matt

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top