Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/13/2005 8:53:47 AM EDT
I'm thinking about purchasing a DPMS .308  and I have a stupid question.  What sort of magazines do they use?  M-14, FAL, HK G3, or something else?  I looked on the DPMS website, but couldn't find any mention of the type of mag used.  

Thanks, Paul
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 9:17:05 AM EDT
[#1]
They're proprietary.  They now have a metal one that has addressed some of the problems the plastic ones had.  I have 2 of the plastic ones, and if you don't fill 'em all the way up, they aren't a problem.  
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 1:30:22 PM EDT
[#2]
SR-25
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 1:33:29 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
SR-25

they're 100% compatible?  I thought I'd heard something about that.  I still haven't gotten any of DPMS metal ones yet.  
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 4:28:37 PM EDT
[#4]
My LR308 24" came today.  It came with two twenty round metal mags.  Inserted empty mags, locked firmly with no play and ejected properly.  I'll let you know about they work under shooting after this weekend.

DAMN, this rifle feels solid.  I hope it shoots well, too!!!
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 5:13:11 PM EDT
[#5]
the SR25 mags work perfectly without modification....but they cost close to $125 each.  I have 2 SR mags and 4 DPMS metal mags.  No problems with any.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 7:49:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Hey guys here is a link on plastic mag exchange with DPMS

DPMS mag exchange

Email me with any questions

I have the same rifle and love it..

img321.imageshack.us/img321/5870/dsc010304hk.jpg

John

Link Posted: 9/14/2005 9:39:55 AM EDT
[#7]
I have 2 DPMS Factory Plastic Mags, and 2 DPMS Factory Metal Mags.

I have had absolutely no problems with the plastic mags, but both of my metal mags are failing to feed consistently.

From what I can tell the bolt is either riding over the round and is failing to pick it up, or the round is jamming up as it is transferring from the mag onto the feed ramp.

Is this an issue with the lips on the mag being to tight, or bent inward to far? Is it a spring issue? Is it both?

I thought I had heard or seen something on problems with the "new" DPMS metal mags feeding, but I can't remember the specific details, getting old sucks!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
"Capt" Richardson

Link Posted: 9/14/2005 2:26:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Capt,

have you phoned DPMS and spoken with them ?

The guys are very helpful and may be able to offer some good advise.

In some cases they have you send the rifle back if he needs some slight tweaking.

John
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 7:15:48 AM EDT
[#9]
Thanks John,

I will contact DPMS and see what they have to say. I have had good luck with their service in the past so hopefully they can help.

I rememeber when the metal mags first came out that there was some discussion on feeding problems as it related to the lips on the mags, and something to do with the springs. Unfortunately I don't remember all of the details, and I check about 6 different forums on a regular basis so I can't remember which one I saw it on.

If I have any luck finding anything out I will make sure to post it.

Thanks,
"Capt Richardson"

Link Posted: 9/16/2005 7:43:35 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Thanks John,

I will contact DPMS and see what they have to say. I have had good luck with their service in the past so hopefully they can help.

I rememeber when the metal mags first came out that there was some discussion on feeding problems as it related to the lips on the mags, and something to do with the springs. Unfortunately I don't remember all of the details, and I check about 6 different forums on a regular basis so I can't remember which one I saw it on.

If I have any luck finding anything out I will make sure to post it.

Thanks,
"Capt Richardson"

Well I am going to contact DPMS Monday.

I am having feed problems with all ammo now, previously it was just some of the cheap stuff.

Now its factory stuff too.

I worked the followers, even tried a shot of CLP while I was loading the mags...No go..it seems
like every other road either hangs in the breach or the ejected round gets stuck coming out of the
chamber between the carrier and the receiver port.

Has anyone seen this or have suggestions ??

I will pass along what I find out.

I am going to start a new post on this.

John
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top