Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/12/2005 4:24:17 PM EDT
  Anybody have a good suggestion for the replacement of the standard A2 meat grinder trapdoor plate. Is there anybody that make a plate that has a soft compound rubber to ease that recoil a bit. I will eventually replace the stock but that is not an option right now. Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 4:13:31 AM EDT
[#1]
I put an A-1 stock on mine, $5.00 at gun show. Smooth buttplate made a difference, and mounts faster too. Later, Wayne B.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 10:42:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Here is my AR10 20" with CAR, as you can see I added a remmy R3  reciol pad. Just sawed off about 1/2"on the bottom  to make it flat, then JB welded it on. You'll have to scuff the pastic on the pad real well before it will stick. Its been about 700-1000 rounds so far with no problems. I smashed the butstuck on the ground for a simulated FTE, and it stayed on.

The R3 also fits inside  the A2 butstock on the AR10 T models. Might fit the AR15, dont know. You'll have to enlarge one of the holes to make it fit, I used a 3/8 bit. Took about 10 minutes on my 300 RSUM, and I used the same srcews that came with the buttstock. -Note you will have a 1/8 gap between the plastic bottom on the R3 and the plastic of the A2 stock . If your worried about it you could fill it in, with some epoxy/JB. I left mine.

My 458 will get the same treatment as the A2

Link Posted: 9/13/2005 7:01:13 PM EDT
[#3]
 The A1 stock sounds like a practical alternative. I could attempt to put a decent pad on the buttplate. I couldn't see the pic of Taylor's set up, but that may be another option.
 For those that have the ACE skeleton stock, how does that setup work for you? Thanks everybody for your comments and help.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 7:13:05 PM EDT
[#4]
I have the skeleton stock on mine.  I am really trying to convience myself that I should switch over to the SOCOM stock like i Have on all of my other AR's.  Haven't got the nerve up yet
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 10:10:23 PM EDT
[#5]
i have a voltor stock on mine, i could add the voltor rubber pad, but I havent found the recoil with either a standard A2 or the vltor to be bad, but try a rubber pad from brownells, they have tons for the ar-15 on there
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 10:11:29 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
 The A1 stock sounds like a practical alternative. I could attempt to put a decent pad on the buttplate. I couldn't see the pic of Taylor's set up, but that may be another option.
 For those that have the ACE skeleton stock, how does that setup work for you? Thanks everybody for your comments and help.

Our test rig that is used to test fire every 458 SOCOM upper is fitted with the ACE Skeleton with the 1.5" pad.  None the worse for wear on either end.  Definite improvement over the A2 meat grinder (used that one on a 10.5" FA 300 gr JHP mag dump - never again)
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top