Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/5/2005 11:44:03 AM EDT
I checked in on AA's website today and noticed there was a change in the load data for the 334  JHP's.
It's now showing 37.7 gr of li' gun and the data sheet I got with my dies about a year ago shows 37.9 .
Any body know why or a reason behind that change ?
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 5:19:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Wulf50Guy,

I have no idea why, but can tell you the load sheet that came with my Lee dies (about 2 months ago) had 37.7 gr lil' gun for the 334s.  It works well!  I can't see where 2/10ths of a grain would have much effect... something as simple as using the wrong primer or a heavier crimp would increase pressure more.

Shal1

Link Posted: 9/5/2005 5:34:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, I agree.
Just puzzled me. Didn't know if I had missed something or not.
I've been loading the 37.9 for over a year now with no ill effects.
May try some at 37.7 just to see if there's any difference.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 10:27:20 AM EDT
[#3]
I've been using 37.7 of L'il Gun from day 1. Great results on paper and on critters.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 11:43:45 AM EDT
[#4]
What press set up do you have does it do pistol and rifle?
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 3:06:24 PM EDT
[#5]
I like to use the Lee turret presses.  They're relatively inexpensive and you can make just as good of ammo as with the more costly presses.  The other GREAT advantage is, you can buy extra turrets (cheaply) and leave your dies setup... once a caliber is setup, to switch calibers, you just put in a different turret and shellholder.  Now if you want to go with a progressive press, spend more money and get something that will last.  The Lee Progressive presses just seem cheap to me (and I have one, it works OK but not like my brother's Dillon!)

Don't get in a rut of sticking with one manufacturer...pick the best equipment each has to offer.  I have reloading equipment from Lyman, RCBS, Redding, Lee, Hornady, etc.

Oh, and so this is OK in an AR thread, I reload for my 6mm PPC AR, my 10mm AR, my .300/221 AR, my .50 Beowulf AR... but not either of my 5.56 ARs... go figure.

Shal1
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 4:24:22 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
What press set up do you have does it do pistol and rifle?

I use a lee anniversary single stage.
Yeah, it takes a little while longer but I'm working on getting me a progressive loader for my bulk ammo, just haven't gotten there yet.

I reload pretty much all my ammo, pistol and rifle.
Haven't bought any 50 in nearly a year, been rolling my own after I bought the first couple boxes.
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top