Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/28/2005 4:36:49 PM EDT
I saw on the Novelski (?) site that they list the AR-15 in 6mm BR.  I didn't think the AR could deal with that diameter/pressure combination.  Left a message for them, but haven't heard back yet.

Thanks for any input.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 8:05:11 PM EDT
[#1]
I looked all over John's website, could not find ANY mention of 6 BR ... let alone in the AR-15.  7BR will work, but most folks rebate the rims on the cases to that of the PPC case.  6.5 BR has been seen but with same rim treatment.  6BR - considering 6PPC has a bad rep for busting lugs on bolts, 6BR would be worse....

Can you give specific location on John's website?  
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 4:52:48 AM EDT
[#2]
American Firearms used to build 7BR uppers back in the mid 90's.

There has been discussions in the past regarding getting  a large run of 6BR brass with PPC size heads, but nothing has come of it.....so far.

Link Posted: 8/29/2005 5:03:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 10:49:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Could someone explain for me how Olympic Arms is able to run the WSSM in their K8-Mag without it breaking?
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 12:11:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 5:40:54 PM EDT
[#6]
It must have been a misprint with the new site as the link is no longer there.  It was under the AR15 barrels section.

That would explain it.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 11:56:13 AM EDT
[#7]
Thank you twl.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 12:12:36 PM EDT
[#8]
My question is WHY would somebody want 6BR on an AR platform. Novelty?

I have emailed JNRifleworks on two occasions and have NEVER gotten a reply. Screw him.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 7:05:03 PM EDT
[#9]
John N is EXTREMELY busy and like me a one man show, give him a few days to reply, he will get back to you.

As TWL stated, lower pressure is needed and it ruins the performance.

The Oly WSSM uses a brand new upper, carrier, bolt and extension to be able to fit the MUCH larger rim of the WSSM .... it fits the standard lower and uses a standard mag, that is where the commonality with the standard AR ends ....
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 7:56:30 PM EDT
[#10]
I inquired to Olympic last year about getting WSSM barrel extensions and parts to play with and they basically said NOPE, buy the complete upper.
My customer did not want their upper and that's where it stopped.

Randall
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 12:27:14 AM EDT
[#11]
I've got a 25wssm ar.  I think the reason why oly doesn't want to shell out wssm parts for the gunsmiths&average joes is because the wssm works at high pressures and that means all the parts that has been put together for the wssm to work properly&safely must be to oly's specs.  in other words if ur average joe gets a hold of a few wssm parts from oly and a few other major parts from somewhere else(unknown maker, unknown quaility) that can lead to a diseaster.  and that diseaster will name OLY WSSM'S aren't safe to work in AR's...the rumor will spread all over and give OLY a bad reputation of it's wssm line of ar's even though they had nothing to do with building that Bad wssm upper other than the few parts the average joe bought from them

the only person today that's able to get his hands on wssm parts is Mike of Dedicated Technology.  he is the only one with the connection of building custom wssm uppers, else where the uppers are already completed and ready to buy.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 2:43:09 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
John N is EXTREMELY busy and like me a one man show, give him a few days to reply, he will get back to you.

I am also extremely busy. Isn't everybody? But if you put a 'contact us' and email pop-up format on your website, then you should make the effort to respond. Otherwise, just post a phone number. I've given him a few weeks, no reply. Its inexcusable.
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top