Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/16/2005 7:13:07 AM EDT
Anyone have any experience with co-witness BUIS for a 50 Beuwolf?
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 2:27:55 PM EDT
[#1]
the beowulf has no irons period so what are you trying to do?

you could not have been any more vague.
i have co-witness mine with an aimpoint but i have a rra solid front buis and a larue rear buis on mine
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 4:19:24 PM EDT
[#2]
I realize the Beuwolf has no factory irons but there are tons of available options with BUIS and optics and was looking for specifics.  You claim my question is to vague but answer it with specifics.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 4:54:09 AM EDT
[#3]
its still vague.

you have not stated anything about what your trying to acclomplish

what range?
whats the primary use?
what are you trying to do?
what type of optic?
reddot?
magnified?
high power?
low power?
cross hairs?
cicle dot?
hunting?
paper puching?
high speed?
upper config?
flip up buis?
solid buis?
high dollar?
budget minded?
quick release?
thumbscrews?
size of optics?
size of targets?
budget limit?
what are you trying to co-witness?
ya know you cant co-witness with magnified scopes right?

i have state what im using but i know what i am going to use my wulf for.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 8:10:32 AM EDT
[#4]
If you would of read a little closer you would of noticed the intended purpose was a Brown Bear carry weapon.  I was attempting to solicit details of what worked from people who had actual experience in that area.   Anyone with close quarters experience with Browns will know the requirements and not respond with a page full of questions.  I'll move this question to the Alaska Hometowm area where it belongs.  
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 12:34:37 PM EDT
[#5]
dude how'd you edit your thread without it showing a edit date?
you still havent stated what you plan on co-witnessing with? do you know what co-witnessing is?
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 12:51:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Uh, dude....

regardless of whether you use it to shoot brown bears, brown rocks, or brown paper, we really need to know what sort of front sight setup you will have, what rear sights you like, and what optics you will be using, in order to offer any meaningful advice.

Link Posted: 8/17/2005 1:54:54 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Uh, dude....

regardless of whether you use it to shoot brown bears, brown rocks, or brown paper, we really need to know what sort of front sight setup you will have, what rear sights you like, and what optics you will be using, in order to offer any meaningful advice.

thank you
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 2:31:11 PM EDT
[#8]
I wanted the front sight that someone experienced in the role I put in my unedited original question may have used. I wanted to hear what someone may had used in the role I specified so I could draw from that experience.  Everything I've put in this thread has been there since it was originally posted. I'm building a weapon for someone else and my preferences are not as relevant as something that has worked in the role described. I moved the question to an area where I am more likely to find that experience dude.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 3:03:34 PM EDT
[#9]
all you need to do is state what type of optic you plan on using.
but whatever guy. you are set on your ways and dont seem to want to change it. all we need is an idea of what your wanting out of this but you insist that its not needed.

goodluck on finding whatever it is your trying to find and keep yourself from getting mawled out there.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 6:10:17 PM EDT
[#10]
I have a 50 'wulf with YHM. flip ups that co-witness with my Hakko Panarama.  The Panarama gives 4 different reticles, the sharpest being 1 moa (I think) it really works well in low light as you turn up the intensity, it works very nicely in the TX sun too.

I've got both zeroed for 50 yards.

Prior to that, I had a TAC-Point red dot and the irons also co-witnessed with that scope. I really like the Panarama best.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 6:43:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Thanks for the input
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 7:34:58 PM EDT
[#12]
One other thing I should have mentioned was that I was able to mount a 3x9 scope above the BUIS without removing or changing the irons. Of course I had to remove the Hakko. It'll be interesting to see how close my return to zero is once I remount the Hakko.

It wasn't the optimum eye relief but it does allow me to test load work ups for my handloads.

Right now I'm shooting 350 gr. Sierras behind 35.4 gr. Lil' Gun and it's putting everything in a 1 1/2" kill zone @ 50 yds.
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top