Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/15/2005 4:51:33 PM EDT
My son bought a new Bushy .308 flat top with a 16" barrel.  He's looking for iron sights, front and rear.  Suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  Quality and price are concerns.  (He's got two weeks til he becomes a first time dad!)
Thanks
Thom
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 3:47:01 PM EDT
[#1]

Any idea whether he is leaning towards flip-up or fixed?

Will he be trying to run some kind f optic in conjunction with the irons?
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 6:59:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Looking for fixed sights, no optics.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 6:06:52 AM EDT
[#3]

I would go with the detachable carry handle and front site offered by Bushmaster.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 12:44:41 PM EDT
[#4]
I asked Bushmaster this very question.  Here is the answer.

Vernon,

Any of the BMAS FLIPS.

http://www.bushmaster.com/shopping/bmas/yhm-9440.asp

http://www.bushmaster.com/shopping/bmas/yhm-9371k.asp

these are the ones most people are purchasing. If you look around on this page you see a few more.

Thank you.
Harvey Macomber
Customer Service
Bushmaster Firearms
800-883-6229
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 2:01:23 PM EDT
[#5]

Here's the carry handle but I about crapped my pants when I saw the price...one more reason to stay with my Armalite.  Their detachable carry handle is closer to the $110 range.
detach carry handle

I couldn't find a front site designated for the .308...Bushmaster should know if their .223 version will work with the .308.

FOr the price on that carry handle, I would start looking for something different...I'm not sure what to recommend other than eventually most guys will want some sort of optic so you could go ahead and get some flip up sights so when you change your mind to optics you already have your BUIS.

Just curious but why not look into an Aimpoint or Eotech or some kind of low power optic?
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top