Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/15/2005 8:01:51 AM EDT
I posted a message about my Beowulf's feed problem a while ago. Unfortunately I had an unexpected surgery and couldn't wrap this up until recently. The problem that I experienced was failure to feed and failure to engage the bolt catch. This is what I did to fix the problem: first I milled MGI buffer's Delrin spacer a bit shorter, which completely cured the failure to feed. However, the bolt catch still failed intermittently. Next I installed Tubb carrier weight. I used the heavy carbide insert, which completely cured the bolt catch problem. So the rifle has now Limbsaver recoil pad, MGI buffer, extra power recoil spring, *and* a heavy carbide carrier weight. The rifle cycles now real smooth and, as an extra bonus, the recoil is so low that even my twelve year old daughter can shoot it with no trouble (she didn't first realize that she was shooting .50 and not .223!). The carbide carrier weight really takes the edge off the recoil.
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top