Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/11/2005 11:29:24 AM EDT
I have a DPMS lower and the Beowulf upper has anyone out here attempted to or successfully attached a 37mm flare launcher to this kinda setuphese

the Beowulf  has the 16 inch barrel also
thanks

Loneagle
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 1:31:25 PM EDT
[#1]
the 37mm attatches via a clamp on the the barrel up front and then locks into the delta ring.

the clamp up front has spacers that go inbetween the metal strap and the barrel imo the spacers would not have a big enough i.d. for the wulf bbl.

you would have to make your own spacers, that being said there is also nothing to keep it from sliding forward.

not sure how the rifle version mounts on the 20" but i had the carbine one and it helped to have the "m4" steps on the barrel.

imho just get a flare gun. the added weight and hassle of mounting would not be worth it.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 5:42:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Here's what I did with my launcher...

I took it to a qualified metal-smith and had him make a Picatinny mount for my 37mm.  
RRA AR15 w/ Picatinny mounted 37mm

As a matter of fact, I was the knucklehead that also mounted it to my AR15 Pistol.
OA-93 AR pistol w/ 37mm

If you get mid-length picatinny handguards (i.e. Yankee Hill), it will work on your Beowulf.

Semper Fi!
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 10:44:15 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Here's what I did with my launcher...

I took it to a qualified metal-smith and had him make a Picatinny mount for my 37mm.  
RRA AR15 w/ Picatinny mounted 37mm

As a matter of fact, I was the knucklehead that also mounted it to my AR15 Pistol.
OA-93 AR pistol w/ 37mm

If you get mid-length picatinny handguards (i.e. Yankee Hill), it will work on your Beowulf.

Semper Fi!

that thing sits really low on there!

nice work though it would help if you included contact info of this said smith, since he has done it before he would be familar with whats needed.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 5:19:16 AM EDT
[#4]
I had it set low on purpose so I can accomadate the bayo...   why?  Just because I wanted to.

I don't have the info on at the moment... I leave for work in a few minutes.  He's based in Hudson, FL.  I'll send the info later this evening.

Semper Fi!
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 8:01:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Here's his info:

Jim Fioranielli
Special Ops Shop
(formerly known as B&B Gun Shop)
Hudson, FL. (about 40mi north of Tampa)
(727) 862-6179

Tue-Sat  10am - 9pm
Sun 11am - 5pm
Mon - Closed

He had a website, but it's down... reasons unknown.

Just tell him that Jesse recommended you to him, and ask him about the how he mod my 37mm... he'll know what you're talking about.  

He'll make some special mods to your 37mm launcher to make it Picatinny friendly.  It may not be pretty, but it was made to get the job done and he does a good job on doing it.  I'm very happy with my mod, and it's solid too, with no play.  I had mine attached with thumbscrews.

Semper Fi!
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top