Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/8/2005 7:42:16 PM EDT
 I've got my rifle (thanks Tony), got my dies, now I'm looking for some reliable load data for this round.
 All I've seen so far is a mention here and there of powder charges etc...
 Does anyone have any tables with various powders, bullets, velocities, etc... Suggestions on bullets would help also, the rifle will be used on Whitetail deer and pigs.

Link Posted: 8/8/2005 8:44:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Email me and I will send you a spreadsheet or give me the bullet and powder you wish to use and I will give you a starting load if possible
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 12:09:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Marty

Perhaps a sticky thread could be done that could be updated as new rounds are put together
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 3:30:19 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Marty

Perhaps a sticky thread could be done that could be updated as new rounds are put together

There are about four different .458 reloading threads in this forum right now - I think it is time for a sticky as well.  Things to cover:

Where to get dies
Issues with the various dies
How to make your Dillon set up work
What powders to use
What primers to use
The different bullets available
Where to get loaded ammo
Where to get brass
Some basic loads

With that sticky you could have an easy to reference source for all this info that everyone could easily ask questions in and add valuable information...

Spooky
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 8:46:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Somebody ask the moderator, if he agrees, I am up for it ...
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 2:53:40 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Marty

There are about four different .458 reloading threads in this forum right now - I think it is time for a sticky as well.  Things to cover:

Where to get dies
Issues with the various dies
How to make your Dillon set up work
What powders to use
What primers to use
The different bullets available
Where to get loaded ammo
Where to get brass
Some basic loads

With that sticky you could have an easy to reference source for all this info that everyone could easily ask questions in and add valuable information...

Spooky

Yup.  I think we need one.  I see a lot of the same questions on the different threads.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 9:03:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Good idea.  I know if I was a moderator I would do it.  Hey Marty did you post the data for the RL7 anywhere?  Last I heard it was "in developement"  I am still using H110, sooo last week.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 5:05:10 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 8:48:49 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
If someone would prepare a thread like the one for the .50 Beowulf and 300 Whisper it will certainly get a tack.  I haven't seen one that thorough for the 458 SOCOM as yet.

Working on the FAQ at the office today, hope to complete later this week
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top