Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/2/2005 12:15:35 AM EDT
A dealer in my area has a Daewoo rifle with Kimber import marks - I believe that it is a DR200.

It has the thumbhole stock on it, I am wondering if a non-PC stock is available for it.

I'm assuming that the receiver is the same on the post-ban guns and that only the furniture is different - is this a valid assumption?

I know a lot of these had side-folding stocks, but that isn't necessary, a standard stock would do fine.

I have heard people say that ACE makes a stock that will fit, but I don't know which one, and anyway I'd rather have something original to the gun.

Does anyone have any experience with these, and/or know of a source for furniture?
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 5:40:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Yep. I had one. It was sweet.

Ended up selling it because of the lack of replacement parts.

the conversion kit is at the bottom of the following link.

www.aceltdusa.com/ak.htm
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 6:03:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Just a thought. Before you buy a DR200 there are no spare parts avaialble for this gun. I couldnt find any 3-4 years ago. I would not buy one unless it was very inexpensive. Don't get me wrong these are a good gun. But no spare parts could be a problem.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 7:06:07 PM EDT
[#3]
What's the going price on these, anybody have any idea?
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 7:55:59 PM EDT
[#4]
The ACE folder
.  Or you can look around for a K2 with the original folding solid stock.  I got both, one is probably going to be a parts gun due to lack of parts availability.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 9:56:55 AM EDT
[#5]
by one,convert it,shoot it, love it. i have owned 2 of emNEVER had an issue with them,just traded my ace converted one,trade value 800 clams....i have a k1a1 and a d200 left....may get a d300.
parts?never nad an issue with needing any.....maybe kimber could steer you in the right direction,i dot know but tey are fine guns,and compared to ars, night and day....we shot my d200 and my colt side by side, i threw each bolt in muddy water,reinserted,colt gaged,d200 asked for more,what more could you ask for? best of ak fal ar..........shame you cant get more or parts.in my humble opinion,these guns kick rack grade ar ass.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 10:06:37 AM EDT
[#6]
I got an ACE stock on mine.

How much are they asking?
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 6:37:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Kimber told me they had no parts 3-4 years  ago. And did not know who did.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 9:26:03 PM EDT
[#8]
They are like Delorean parts - you have to hunt around, go to Daewoo forums/groups, etc.  They are hard to come across.  Occasionally I see a part that someone had built a run of.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 10:03:01 AM EDT
[#9]
That's my personal DR-200 in the Ace photo  Now the ban has sunset, she sports the folding stock mechanism from Ace and has had the barrel cut, crowned and threaded with a Phantom hider.  Daewoo's are great guns and I have never had any issues with mine.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 1:03:49 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
That's my personal DR-200 in the Ace photo  Now the ban has sunset, she sports the folding stock mechanism from Ace and has had the barrel cut, crowned and threaded with a Phantom hider.  Daewoo's are great guns and I have never had any issues with mine.

Shweet!
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top