Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/8/2005 6:40:58 PM EDT
Any comments from someone who has owned or shot one on how they work with a standard lower? I'm thinking about the Watsons Weapons model, it seems like fun for only $1250.
Link Posted: 3/8/2005 6:51:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Go with the ALS upper. Little more, but well worth it.
Link Posted: 3/9/2005 6:30:50 AM EDT
[#2]
I bought a Watson's a few years ago to break into the .50BMG class.  The standard upper is very heavy and loading each round takes about 20 seconds and is a bit labor intensive.  Recoil is pretty mild and the gun is pretty accurate...but I would recommend spending a little more money for a starter gun.  I sold mine and picked up a Serbu BFG Carbine.  Light, moderate recoil, fits in a standard gun case and is a true bolt action.  There is a true bolt action upper available for around 1500.00 and if you are looking for a conversion then that is the way to go.
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 10:08:06 AM EDT
[#3]
You may also want to consider the Ferret 50.  They have an interchangable barrels and lengths from 18" to 36" in both hybrid match and supermatch chambers.  The 18" has very little recoil     ( like a 308) and is fun to shoot.  It runs about $1800.  
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 1:30:07 AM EDT
[#4]
UltraLite 50 is a very nice upper. I bought a 18.5 fluted for $1350.00
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 3:53:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Claybusting,

Could you mention who makes the UltraLite 50 you're referring to?  Do they have a website?  I googled on "UltraLite 50" and came up dry.  

I bought an upper (the call it the "UltraMag 50") from Safety Harbor FireArms in December.  I haven't fired yet, but it fits well on a single-shot ar lower (no magazine well) I have.  Just curious if your upper is from the same guys ...
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 6:41:12 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Claybusting,

Could you mention who makes the UltraLite 50 you're referring to?  Do they have a website?  I googled on "UltraLite 50" and came up dry.  

I bought an upper (the call it the "UltraMag 50") from Safety Harbor FireArms in December.  I haven't fired yet, but it fits well on a single-shot ar lower (no magazine well) I have.  Just curious if your upper is from the same guys ...

Oops ... just found the .50 Cal discussion thread in the Armory with links to not only the UltraLite50, but a bunch of others as well ... never mind.
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top