http://www.stereotimes.com/leon/modular_ar_wearpon_platform.htm
Preety much in the testing stage - any suggestions welcomed
Link Posted: 3/3/2005 8:44:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Making the link hot

Multi caliber AR project
Link Posted: 3/3/2005 9:14:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Please keep us posted on your progress.  Being one who hunts with an AR, and likes to shoot pasture poodles, the repeatability is very important for me.  The price is very reasonable for those of us who like the idea of one lower, and many uppers, especially when you factor in the cost savings of handguards or tubes, BUIS, and the other necessities.

I am also curious whether or not the ejection port has been opened up for the Socom barrel, or whether Marty has indicated that it needs to be opened up.  

Craig
Link Posted: 3/4/2005 5:47:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Did Accuracy Systems sell you a 6.5 Grendel barrel by itself?
Link Posted: 3/4/2005 10:32:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Repetability so far seems very good - and cost savings on the large scale is how I got there in the first place.

Now for 458 SOCOM - I do not have that barrel yet - Marty sad what the port will need to be opend .002 from top and .0015 from bottom.

Accuracy system sold me barrel by itself and I had to send them my 7.62x39 bolt for headspacing. so far they only people who  I found  - who could do 6.5 Grendel other then Lothar Walther/Alexander Arms - and they would not sell you separates.
Link Posted: 3/4/2005 10:39:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Wow, that is cool.  What about feed ramps?  I know that Colt's 7.62 uppers/barrels have M4 type ramps, and the Grendel is supposed to have a different ramp angle.  So is your upper not ramped?
Link Posted: 3/4/2005 10:44:35 AM EDT
[#6]
They do ramp angle work as part of the barrel
Link Posted: 3/4/2005 12:59:14 PM EDT
[#7]
OK, so Accuracy Systems ramped the Grendel barrel appropriately.  That is good to know, have been wanting a Grendel, but I sure don't need another upper, bolt carrier, firing pin, handguard, etc.

So, with your conversion set up the barrel extentions feed ramps can/are set up for each caliper, and I would imagine that the upper has no feed ramp.  I would think that would work with most calipers, but wonder about 7.62x39, those rounds can feed low due to the case tapper.

Anyhow, cool idea, are you aware that Leitner-Wise is due to release a new quick change system?  It would allow you to use the barrels you already have, but it ties the handguard and upper into one platform, kinda like the LMT set up.
Link Posted: 3/8/2005 7:45:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Nice lork LCat.
Link Posted: 3/9/2005 10:14:31 AM EDT
[#9]
Whos stock is that ( the one with the adjustable cheek rest), also whats your thoughts about the JP Enterprise Inc trigger sets.
Link Posted: 3/9/2005 11:34:30 AM EDT
[#10]
It's a Ace SOCOM stock - I put Delta cheeck rest on it myself. I like JP Triger a lot - but it still 3 lbs trigger
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 3:56:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Cool, been wondering where I could find a Grendel barrel.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 7:33:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top